Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $65083.16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Deep in Tournament # 62909877 palying in 106$ 10k guarantee

Ive recently been on a helluva run as I am sure many of you have seen. After winning enough here on this site from freerolls i have methodically worked my bankroll up to around 500$ from 0 in about a month. Yesterday i won a ticket to todays 10k 106$ entry tournament. The best thing is that I won it in a dollar rebuy ticket with only one bullet. (I make it a point to never rebuy)
    My initiative is to simply cash which would in turn boost me out of the 10$ tourney range and into the 20. I ll keep you posted as the breaks come. Feel free to rail and root for a fellow PO player to continue his run at good fortune

Merge
    Screen Name: badmanadman

Banned
    Isn't it a $109 ticket? $106 sounds weird unless it was a super turbo or something. Anyway if its 109 ticket you should save it for the big 125k guaranteed on sunday.

Elite PokerOwned Member Rellik419's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t0k3nfr3nzy View Post
    Ive recently been on a helluva run as I am sure many of you have seen. After winning enough here on this site from freerolls i have methodically worked my bankroll up to around 500$ from 0 in about a month. Yesterday i won a ticket to todays 10k 106$ entry tournament. The best thing is that I won it in a dollar rebuy ticket with only one bullet. (I make it a point to never rebuy)
    My initiative is to simply cash which would in turn boost me out of the 10$ tourney range and into the 20. I ll keep you posted as the breaks come. Feel free to rail and root for a fellow PO player to continue his run at good fortune

Merge
    Screen Name: badmanadman
    Well, Good luck and hope you go deep!

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by t0k3nfr3nzy View Post
    I make it a point to never rebuy
    My initiative is to simply cash which would in turn boost me out of the 10$ tourney range and into the 20.
    That is a major leak, and you need like 100 BIs for tournaments if you are practicing proper BRM. That being said, good luck.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Congrats on your success, here, have some run good

well i ran into aces early in his bb luckily i was able to get off of my hand of top pair only losin 20% of my stack. Soon after My kq was hit by a q2 after he flopped two pr. After losing another 10 or 12 BB's to that hand I have been forced to tighten way up and wait for better oppurtunities. I only have about 20bb's left so I may have to grind the best i can and possibly even leave a little to luck but with a hair over half of my starting stack I still have a chip and a chair for sure.
    Hopefully this next hour will be a bit better for me

I have been sticking to the tournaments that usually have 50 to 150 so that they pay out at least 9 and sometimes 18 players.
    Ive been cashing these quite often Which is also why I think i did so well here. The blind levels are always at least 10 or 12 minutes preferably 15. This allows me to be far more selective with my hands. Thus leaning a little more to player skill than luck.
    I dont think im a shark by any means , however i do feel that i am better than average. Therefore i feel comfortable risking 10% of my small BR as long as I stick to playing average players

keep in mind that this tourney is a 100$ coupon i won for a dollar or .25% of my BR

Just my luck lol Down to 11 BB's and holding AK one away from the button. Made a 4x raise to show strength and pot commitment when i was shoved back against. Only 7 bb's left to call into a 15 or 16 BB pot with AK so I made the call and prayed to have him dominated.
    I was almost relieved when he showed his AQ. As the flop turned over AKQ i was getting excited just to be back to my initial stack. That was until the river showed us another Q. .......
    I guess if i hadnt made those mistakes earlt i may have been able to survive the hit. As it is now I just have to tip my hat to those programmers at merge for making the play oh so exciting and of course to my opponent who took me down with a good hand. He beat me fair and square, Pay that man his monies

aww good game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast