Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62967.21

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserCats View Post
    huge stack on me - Me with 130k him with $800k - he sux out on my a6 with j5 BS... oh well....$68 is $68 bucks. put $3 into it. I'm well on my way to cashing out another $215 out of carbon and starting over. I had to get bullied 8x by the big stack to insure a 2nd place finish - that sucked - folded aq 1x. but 3rd drops down to $34...and the chip leader was waaay ahead - slim chance of winning 1st. I got dwindled down $100k by those all ins in blinds. If I wasn't a micro-stack BR player rebuilding I'd call a few of those - but the extra $34 is way too valuable.

Oh yeah: 2nd place out of 133 players.
    Total Invested: $3 [$1 for $2k, added on quick to get to $4k - then did the break add on for $5k(?)](never had to rebuy)
    Total Win: $68.40
    Total Profit: $65...
    Very nice run. Good profit for the investment made. Good luck in your future sessions, hope they are as successful as this one!

PokerOwned God
    One take away - and I hear this from the carbon free rollers ($200/$50) - that I learned form this tourney - caution/leaderboard position awareness when playing into strength pays off when battling against chip leaders:

I thought about this long and hard. After cashing out down to $2. I'd rather play safe and guarantee myself a 2nd place ($68) then try to win it and go out in 4th or even third. At one point I had AQ - the table chip leader (in 2nd overall) calls my raise (not good) - then the SB goes all in for like $16k. I fold because I know I got the leader beat - but I'm prolly sharing cards with him - and if the SB has a pocket pair I'm screwed. If I call the all in by the SB and then the CHip leader all-ins on top of my call - I'm screwed - I have to fold. The read of the century was this: I knew that the SB had the Chip leader beat - if the SB wins - that puts me in 2nd place with out playing / risking a chips. I did end up taking 2nd.

The way the hand played out - Q on flop and Q on river - but again - do I want to risk my tourney life on a pair of Q's? With the implied risk of splitting the pot anyway with the SB? I guess if it put me in first by a mile and I had chips to burn - maybe.

In the future I might shove on top of the SB all in in front of the table chip leader - but the $68 is too much to pass up - I'd stand to lose $40. When ur BR is around $26 - that's a huge win. There's no guarantee I beat the tourney chip leader later any way. Yes I could of made another $50 for 1st - but I would have risked almost as much by trying to donk my AQ in to strength.

Again - I think If my bank roll was $100 like it is now - I may have just shoved on top of them all and let the AQ loose.
    Last edited by LaserCats; 02-15-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    Grear job LC and i cant really fault your thinking...1st is great but difference btween 4th and second huge also...

PokerOwned God
    i'm playing a little more loosely /aggressive id call it now that I have a BR - its helping my SNG play...After a few bad beats I got sick of waiting for premiums and started reading the table more - reading play and guessing at players reactions to all ins and that got me back on track from $15 down to $5 ahead - that's like on 12 games total - $5 is gd profit in micro stakes. If I wait for premiums ill still make $ but just a little slower. Especially in Bounty SNG: last one I won first and I think every bounty lol - when u have a gd BR u can call a 3 way all in - which I did and won for 2 bountys in a 6 max. without a brr I might of waited to secure my top 2 finish for the prize money and miss out on the bountys
    Last edited by LaserCats; 02-17-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Elite PokerOwned Member jayyy27's Avatar
    I would tend to agree with you there. Although it's harder to think clearly when actually in the moment. GJ.

16:24 <PooffyFooffy> sorry jayy

18:07 <gimmeabrew> @jayyy27: sorry

PokerOwned Master
    just lost a big pot on 888 poker holding qq calling two all inns (AKos and 99), if he did not hit two Aces i would have been chip leader in the 100 freeroll, so i was out 10th for o cents ;(

PokerOwned God
    Tough one Samweis....keep on grinding.......................................... .

PokerOwned Demi-God
    i hope you make some money next time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12