Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63047.2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'd like to read a poker book by Phil Hellmuth. Even though he is a whiner he is a damn good poker player.

PokerOwned Pro
    Starting playing NLHE when i was 12 and this was the first poker book I ever read; I was 14, tops. It primarily deals with cash game, in fact, it might be all cash game, and it has lots of stuff about limit, which is absolutely useless. It has like two good points that I can summarize here if people want. I am 22 now (bday was yesterday ) and can confidently say that this is probably one of the WORST poker books on the market.

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by tta91690 View Post
    Starting playing NLHE when i was 12 and this was the first poker book I ever read; I was 14, tops. It primarily deals with cash game, in fact, it might be all cash game, and it has lots of stuff about limit, which is absolutely useless. It has like two good points that I can summarize here if people want. I am 22 now (bday was yesterday ) and can confidently say that this is probably one of the WORST poker books on the market.
    I know where you are coming from with this post ... I too read this book many years ago ... more then once even.

It is a dated book ... it was good in 2003 when it came out ... times change, so has poker.

Having said that, if you want some fundamentally sound (nitty) strategies in multiple poker games it is still a decent read. Basically if you want some HORSE strategies ... and I mean ABC (noob) type strats then its good. If all you play is NLH then ya there are plenty of better books out there.

Elite PokerOwned Member TakinOver's Avatar
    Lots of bracelets. Way more than us and cash. I just wanna be lucky. Playing with the all in fest in pokerowned tournaments what can the book possibly teach you. Call the all in or Fold???

Seasoned Veteran
    I think that is an interesting book considering that Hellmuth is one of the best players in the world )) I would be one happy to read it

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by dagoO View Post
    read the book Play Poker Like the Pros by Phil Hellmuth
    ok not sure if you are just saying reed the book or if u have read the book lol.
    sounds like good reading, but would this guy really want to give away secrets or just make money for poker. since he lost the one drop and all which i think was on purpose, as he was supporting the guys for charity.

I don't think I will trust his books at all so no need to buy his books.
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

PokerOwned Veteran
    Is it helpful?

PokerOwned God
    i might take a look at this book..i hope its on sale though..

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by gametime74 View Post
    i might take a look at this book..i hope its on sale though..
    go to your local library ... this book and Super System are at most of them

well that's been my experience in the CA library system at least ... can't speak for NC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast