BTC Rate: $61974.23

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PokerOwned Master
    whats merge it sounds like a good site i want to do it it sounds so good

PokerOwned Veteran
    ^me too^

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gefishy View Post
    Right. The fact of the matter is, all they can do is seize individual payment processors because the current regulation speaks in regards to processing of payments for gambling activities. By using these 3rd party payment processors, the Poker sites are able to doge a few bullets while the processors take all the risk. It makes it very difficult to get money back and forth, however not impossible.

Same guidelines apply as always:

1) Don't deposit money you don't intend to lose.
    2) Withdraw often to avoid losing a large stockpile of money if the worst happens.
    3) Treat this like a game, because that's what it is.

The days of relying on poker as a means of serious income are probably over until regulation passes. If you play it to have fun, you should be able to continue to do so.

Good luck and have fun out there!
    Very intelligent response and I agree totally. The fact of the matter is that this "leak" of information is not what has occurred in the past and could be a bit of "saber rattling" by any number of government agencies. If there are going to be indictments and shutdowns of individual sites it would actually be a tremendous amount of work because each of the MERGE skins are owned by different individuals. There are currently 64 poker sites listed who use the MERGE gaming network and they would have to shut every one of them down. I don't think the DOJ can shut MERGE down as a network, because all they provide is the software. It just seems very difficult for them to do anything other than go after the processors and they have become much more hidden as to who they actually are. But, as gefishy says, play for fun and don't get caught with a load of cash on any one site and you're probably fine. I just did two separate check requests earlier this week from Hero Poker, so it will be interesting to see how long it takes for me to get it.

PokerOwned God
    The payment processing thing has been a game of "hide and seek" for a long time now. Stars, Tilt, and UB got nabbed not so much by the gov doing a great investigation job, more so because of a rat ...Daniel Tzvetkoff - Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    The payment processing thing has been a game of "hide and seek" for a long time now. Stars, Tilt, and UB got nabbed not so much by the gov doing a great investigation job, more so because of a rat ...Daniel Tzvetkoff - Wikipedia
    Very interesting read, thanks

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Corporal
    this shit is just getting rediculous i dont understand wtf they are trying to do with this. let the americans play ffs

this is obviously bull s for the reasons the us dosnt talk they make actions we all know this.. and the odds of any da that already kept his mouth shut on all previous shut downs would not start to run his mouth now these are mean money grubing smart individuals simple as that so i call bs

PokerOwned Veteran
    that sucks pretty soon there won't be a site worth playing on but they can have evry bit of my 9 cent bankroll lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234