Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64106.68

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by tta91690 View Post
    NO COMMERCIALS.
    About the only thing ill agree w/about it being better.

Nothing to compare tho, if u wanted to compare football then use rugby or aussie rules football as comparisons. I may even watch either of the latter on a more regular basis if we got more games here in the states.

I think NFL would be alot better if they eliminated alot of the pads. Put em in the same gear that rugby or ARF players wear. Youd have alot less injuries, including concussions, along w/less penalties im sure.

PokerOwned Pro
    You can't compare the actual play of soccer and football, they have nothing in common, and that was never the intention of this thread. So far, the only reasons I have heard why people don't like soccer are: lack of scoring and diving. Both of these claims are ignorant and stem from the huge majority of Americans only following soccer for 3 weeks every 4 years. And fwiw, soccer is the #1 youth sport in the US, just thought I'd throw that out there.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmo View Post
    I think NFL would be alot better if they eliminated alot of the pads. Put em in the same gear that rugby or ARF players wear. Youd have alot less injuries, including concussions, along w/less penalties im sure.
    NFL would have to change the tackling rules, but if they did, this is absolutely true. Although, I'm not so sure about the concussion thing. Concussions in football are a product of human physiology - our brains are floating inside our skulls. Even with the greatest helmet in the world there would still be concussions.

don't know !hope everybody love's soccer as i love it

PokerOwned Master
    I hate these comments about how physical is each sport. That doesn't matter. That's usually a NFL fan's argument. So Andy Roddick is a pussy for playing tennis? And that illustration about the World Cup being held every four years, where's your World Cup? You only have one competition annually (or a couple more, i don't know), in REAL football every country has their upper and lower leagues and a cup, there's 2 European cups and one world cup and that's every year, all in club football, and you have international football (World Cup, Euro etc). I'm Serbian but i can watch French football, right? So find some real arguments.

It's all a matter of opinion anyway. I hate watching soccer and I always have. I find it extremely boring. So in my opinion the answer to your topic is..... it's not. I'm sure you'll have plenty of soccer fans that will agree with you though so it's all good :P.

PokerOwned Pro
    Football and US football really shouldnt be compared so much as they r completely different games. One involves feet and the other your hands and body. I think football is better cause you dont have to stop every 10 seconds when someone is tackled. Rugby is so much better than us football in that respect.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by tta91690 View Post
    NFL would have to change the tackling rules, but if they did, this is absolutely true. Although, I'm not so sure about the concussion thing. Concussions in football are a product of human physiology - our brains are floating inside our skulls. Even with the greatest helmet in the world there would still be concussions.
    Theyre already changing/enforcing tackling rules more n more each year. N i do think it would cut back on concussions, u dont hear about em all that much in the 2 sports i mentioned. N they dont hit much softer in either of them either. The only reason they hit harder in the NFL is cuz of all the equipment they wear.

PokerOwned Master
    I wouldn't compare them either, but NFL fans spam all the threads about football daily. Football is not an appropriate name for AF.

Banned
    Maybe they should call penisballl

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast