I've had people say this to me before, and i saw someone say this to another guy last night in a tourney... but when people make a huge donk play and then say hey it's only a $1 buy in... or it's only a $3 buy in... like the reason they called an all-in preflop with 9 2 os is because of the price to enter the tourney. I fail to see how the amount of money it cost to buy in makes you suddenly unable to process thought and makes you do completely random things you wouldn't normally do in a poker game. Instead of saying I act dumb because it's a low buy in, they should be saying just the opposite, I play these low buy in because I'm a stupid idiot. If it were even remotely true that low buy ins make them act stupid then why would the play in those tourneys?? It would only end up costing more money then they would win in the long run, so why would they waste their money just to act like a fool?? Wouldn't it make more sense to play larger buy ins, since apparently that would make them focus and try harder. I don't know, I guess it just makes them feel justified for not trying to better themselves.