Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70746.29

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question for the braggers and the modest

Let me stress that this isn't attacking anyone individually, this is me asking about a mindset.

In my 18 years on the site i've noticed there's a common bond among the most successful players here - they NEVER talk shit in chat or tell people hand by hand how they are doing (It can be argued that JayTodd and Greenie are the two most successful PO players in 2014 and they are pretty modest). But an alarming (and unsurprising) number of you constantly tell us what place you are in or every hand you win/lose.

So here's my question, and I'm willing to be open-minded and proven differently - what is your incentive for giving the entire community a play by play? Is it to keep your name fresh in people's minds for stakes? Is it for attention? Is it to compete with other players in here? I just don't understand the reasons behind it other than arrogance or youth, so I'd like to here a good school of thought about it.

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

Its insecurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    Its insecurity.
    Yo prawney Nice Goats! hook me up with one baby goat.

This is getting old. Were sick and tired of the Spurs owning us. This is the year we ride up to the challenge, Get the monkey off our back! We Believe GO Dubbssss!!

i FT the 300 gtd last night im a BOSSSS

put me.....
    Last edited by dk12; 08-25-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    "Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you will get the results" -Oscar Wilde

MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I do it mostly because if I say I am in anything, everyone starts blowing up my bubble chat asking what hand I have, and what was the flop, so rather than answer all those bubble chats individually, I just give a play by play. Makes it easier on everyone. If you dont like it, you can block my chat

If its just to keep someone's name in the mind for later stakes, some of these players need to not share the bust hands, because 95% of the time they are junk and makes a potential staker question their ability as a player.

As for the about 80% that post hand by hand plays, it's pure arrogance, at least in my mind anyway. There is a small percentage of people who post, like Poof said, just to satisfy a question or who just get wrapped up in it. I do think that some of it can just be the excitement of the game, I have to admit I have done it myself with a few of the tourneys I have played, emphasis on FEW.

Quote Originally Posted by rivdee View Post
    Let me stress that this isn't attacking anyone individually, this is me asking about a mindset.

In my 18 years on the site i've noticed there's a common bond among the most successful players here - they NEVER talk shit in chat or tell people hand by hand how they are doing (It can be argued that JayTodd and Greenie are the two most successful PO players in 2014 and they are pretty modest). But an alarming (and unsurprising) number of you constantly tell us what place you are in or every hand you win/lose.

So here's my question, and I'm willing to be open-minded and proven differently - what is your incentive for giving the entire community a play by play? Is it to keep your name fresh in people's minds for stakes? Is it for attention? Is it to compete with other players in here? I just don't understand the reasons behind it other than arrogance or youth, so I'd like to here a good school of thought about it.
    I BO-LIEVE its the first thing you said "Is it to keep your name fresh in people's minds for stakes?" <<<<<<
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    I don't think you can really figure out folks like this and I am betting there is more than just one reason they feel the need to boast about winning a game or two. I'm also thinking, you likely won't get much response from the people you may be targeting.

A No. 1
    Age/maturity, loneliness, need for affirmation, narcissism, alcohol. But that's just me.

I have a saying, "If you have to tell people who you are, you ain't nobody".
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast