Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62518.13

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I do not think of it as a sport. It takes skill and luck to win. I do agree it could be addictive.

Experienced Member
    it's gambling. whenever luck is involved, it's gambling, no matter how big the factors are involved.

for example: you shove all in pre with AA and there's a fair chance you will lose to KK or 22 or 34. When you lose, you don't blame on your decision or skill, rather on luck, which is to say this is gambling

Seasoned Veteran
    why cant it be both? it does take skill, is difficult, and is both played and watched for pleasure.

also, it is hard to make the case that tournaments are actually gambling. you pay an entry fee, play with imaginary money, and are rewarded based on your performance. If that is gambling, then any tournament with a paid entree fee and prizes is gambling

It is both! I have always looked at a poker event the same as a sporting event. But, we are also gambling no matter what anyone says

PokerOwned Master
    As much as we'd all love to say its a sport, it's gambling. Sorry to burst your bubbles :/

We all know poker is a game of skill, but it will always be considered gambling.

PokerOwned God
    its a sport- but the stakes are the gambling part... stay in your BR and its all sport

I say who cares, lets just call it a gambling sport that people love...

Seasoned Veteran
    It could be either one

its both, we tend to bet so thats gambling and theres a skill involve and mind freaking decision that makes it a sit down sport

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast