Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Poker is a job?

PokerOwned Veteran
    may be, but you have to study hard on the issue

Seasoned Veteran
    i for myself dont see that its a life changing game, but sure it can be

uguw
    "Life is a Hard Teacher, First it Gives a Test, then it Teaches a Lesson!"

Poker as a job! I think if you ask anyone who makes a living playing poker and they are being honest, they will say it is pretty easy. There is a lot of loose money to be had in poker because unlike most "jobs", everyone thinks they are the best! Most people tend to make there own troubles in the business. They are their own worst enemies! I believe that if you approach it modestly and try not to complicate things, there is money to be made. As for the online play, only 10% of the worlds best online players are going to make anything that amounts to alot. This does not mean that you can't build a nice bankroll! If you love the game and I mean really love the game, you should look at is a Long Term committment! Don't focus all your attention on short term goals! Ask yourself, WHERE WOULD I LIKE MY BANKROLL IN 10 YEARS? NewsFlash: I am not nor are most of you in that 10%. It is nice to see some of the kids making a living playing the game, but in reality, a large percentage of that 10% are going to go bust eventually. They always have and always will and these old time players like Brunson know this! Poker as a Job, Naaaa! I will continue to play for birthday money

Banned
    if you are good enough you can take it like a work

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    I cannot read half of these and understand them because it seems as though NO ONE can speak proper friggin english.
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

PokerOwned God
    My nightmare is that I am facing final judgment and Saint Peter says to me,"You have to run a poker game. And deal."

Which reminds me of the old joke. You know why a stage coach driver and a poker dealer are alike? They both spend the day staring at ten assholes.

I now get up and leave games any day of the week that are fabulous. My leaving rules have changed. In general, you watch the skill levels of the players and the stacks of the weaker players. You have one eye on the dead money and one eye on the door. Often I will tell myself, I am leaving when the four seat and the nine seat go broke. But lately, I have been doing the old heel and toe whenever the debate about leaving begins in my head. Recently I lost a pot a show horse couldn't jump over right when I am having a conversation with my self about the knowing when to walk away part.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i work ten hours a day i come home to relax and play if i get tired i just stop so i dont lose

PokerOwned Veteran
    think it's a hobby that pays well if you play is very cute .. jugarlp - and if you pay the bills better hehe!

PokerOwned Pro
    Dont quit your day job... playing poker for a living would be fun but stressful at times as well because you need enough money to back you up in downswings

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast