Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $60975.51

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned God
    I think it's only bad if they're stalling every hand for a while. But sometimes, I'm sure they're really thinking of what to do. Still, stalling happens live too.

Experienced Member
    i too agree, because so many people try to just stall the game for better rank

i never understood the bubble stalls, unless your just playing to make itm, then why are you playing in the first place, cause the real pay out is 1st through 3rd in any tourney, if u have a stack in my opinion, you need to be using it to dominate the short stacks and if you are short stack the last thing you need is the blinds to go up...if i have less than 8 bbs late in tournament, im shoving a way wider range....no way im gonna hope tht some one fucks up so i can win 10th place...i do stall cash games sometimes but its cause i have a buncha tables up and it takes awhile on some hands. if you aint first your last!

Quote Originally Posted by lespaul View Post
    i never understood the bubble stalls, unless your just playing to make itm, then why are you playing in the first place, cause the real pay out is 1st through 3rd in any tourney, if u have a stack in my opinion, you need to be using it to dominate the short stacks and if you are short stack the last thing you need is the blinds to go up...if i have less than 8 bbs late in tournament, im shoving a way wider range....no way im gonna hope tht some one fucks up so i can win 10th place...i do stall cash games sometimes but its cause i have a buncha tables up and it takes awhile on some hands. if you aint first your last!
    Some of us have different priorities. I often adjust to play for llbs and make unorthodox moves because I know I am waiting for a short stack to bust or something. Or I may not want to tangle in a pot with someone in my speedway car if we are both looking close to cashing. All the elements of PO may affect a players' decisions whether or not it is the best move in terms of winning. --I'm not saying that you are not correct, but long run profit (and PO points as they have money value) is my long term goal. I have to play what's most profitable to me and I know my short stack play is absolutely the sh*tty and one of the worst parts of my game (something I'm working on), so it's like this: if I'm near a bubble, I'm going to have a easier time cashing in the long run by trying to chip up and to play for 7th or whatever is more feasible when I'm sitting at a table with LCD, 1977, Michman, laugeson, donka and all the other regular cashing sharks. I have to get lucky to compete with them at this point and this structure. Everyone has their own schtick and for me, I'm not into the preflop game that short stack play requires and I often make silly mistakes or run myself into ugly corners where I overcommit myself and am forced into bad calls because of invested chips. Does that mean I'm going to stall buttons? No. Does it mean that my nitting up is justified? Yes.

i think stalling is stupid... its better to see more hands to give you more opportunity to chip up....

stalling would only be good in one case..... if you are short stack and u really really want to min cash.. lol
    "Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you will get the results" -Oscar Wilde

MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Quote Originally Posted by dk12 View Post
    i think stalling is stupid... its better to see more hands to give you more opportunity to chip up....

stalling would only be good in one case..... if you are short stack and u really really want to min cash.. lol
    We can argue all day if it's stupid or not, but it is still a perfectly acceptable move if someone wants.

Quote Originally Posted by lespaul View Post
    Noone should have to play the way you want them too. in order to win it you must first be in it! and since alot peoples goal is the same and that is to move up the ladder, playing to win with 2 tables left isnt a good strategy. id rather have 10 good ITM's then playing to win and bust out or maybe win and finish once out of 10 games!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by abwil2 View Post
    Noone should have to play the way you want them too. in order to win it you must first be in it! and since alot peoples goal is the same and that is to move up the ladder, playing to win with 2 tables left isnt a good strategy. id rather have 10 good ITM's then playing to win and bust out or maybe win and finish once out of 10 games!
    to each thier own i guess, im not here to tell anyone how to play, was just my opinion, and a few tht i have learned from. i will say i dont get what u mean by playin to win with 2 tables left isnt a good strategy, i dont know any profitable players who dont play to win...obv there is a ton of factors that come into play, when deciding the best move. at any point of the game, but i do know you try to run up the blinds in a real tourny good players will eat ur luch while eating your blinds, i personally would rather jam 7 2 in pos when its folded to me than call 2 others with ace king...i see the stallers as weaker players and try to exploit that every chance get, dont always work, there has been plenty of times i have raised the blinds and run into the bb having aces..then i just write off as unlucky..but never do i wanna be sitting at the final table with under 10 bb vs 100....thats a terrible strategy imo, also it all depends on stack size, if you have no fold equity, then yeah you prolly dont wanna get too agressive. and if you have a comfy stack then you are just gonna find spots, u sit and stall with less than 10 bbs your just asking to give your stack away in blinds, while 2 outta 3 guys under you now have stacks and u get aces and get called by 4 players cause u had no fold equity....and then u get sucked out on....by the big stack cause he just wanted to make sure someone took you out.

well when your in several games at once or even need a cool down this time is needed. for some but i understand people abusing it

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    Some of us have different priorities. I often adjust to play for llbs and make unorthodox moves because I know I am waiting for a short stack to bust or something. Or I may not want to tangle in a pot with someone in my speedway car if we are both looking close to cashing. All the elements of PO may affect a players' decisions whether or not it is the best move in terms of winning. --I'm not saying that you are not correct, but long run profit (and PO points as they have money value) is my long term goal. I have to play what's most profitable to me and I know my short stack play is absolutely the sh*tty and one of the worst parts of my game (something I'm working on), so it's like this: if I'm near a bubble, I'm going to have a easier time cashing in the long run by trying to chip up and to play for 7th or whatever is more feasible when I'm sitting at a table with LCD, 1977, Michman, laugeson, donka and all the other regular cashing sharks. I have to get lucky to compete with them at this point and this structure. Everyone has their own schtick and for me, I'm not into the preflop game that short stack play requires and I often make silly mistakes or run myself into ugly corners where I overcommit myself and am forced into bad calls because of invested chips. Does that mean I'm going to stall buttons? No. Does it mean that my nitting up is justified? Yes.
    ok lets act like we are not talkin bout po frs, llbs...if you win llb comes with it, imo the reason you get urself in corners is because ur calling when ur in a all in or fold situation, fold equity is sooo important.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast