Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63151.2

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Just say no 2 Poker trades involving Paypal.

A guy earlier came in here flaming me saying he sold me poker funds and now he isn't getting paid. I only sparingly use PP, so when I heard of this accusation I naturally tried to log on. It turns out that unbeknownst to me, my PP account is frozen/locked. I have talked with some poker players who have told me if PP gets wind of any poker transactions or virtual currency transactions like Bitcoin; they can lock your account. I am still optimistic that this can and will be resolved in a timely manner, but I am starting this thread to warn players that this apparently can and will happen if PP finds out. I naturally am stonewalled until normal business hours tomorrow, but I just wanted to let people know. Even if someone reports that they purchased Bitcoin or poker funds with their PP your account can be frozen. I have been an active member longer than I would estimate 75% of the players here; yet because of this incident involving either Bitcoins or poker $$$ my account has been locked/frozen. I am not asking for you to take my side, I am just saying that I in the future will no longer be buying or selling poker funds or Bitcoins for PP. It is too much of a hassle. I would advise that you do the same. I had money on PP that has a small % of a chance of being confiscated. It is their site and their rules.... PP is an entity that makes decisions that are pretty much final. Oh and as a side note.... this whole issue stems from a site called SealsWithClubs. I would stay very far away from that site. The site runs the same software as the client @ PO. I have heard that admin could GodMode the Briggs software if they wanted. I personally would be leery if I was playing for a decent amount of money and Zab all of a sudden came and sat at my table, and all of a sudden started crushing it. Saying that is not a function of an inherent lack of trust in Zab, it's just the fact that one can never be too careful; and the mere allusion of impropriety would make me wonder. I would be curious to hear Zabs take on the Briggs software as it were in relationship to how much control he could theoretically abuse if he were to play verses us. All I know is that I played a Big Bitcoin mtt on SWC that at the time was around a $150 BI. I played solidly, and was partially backed by SendMeCookies and Tommy here @ PO. I was 3-5 players from the bubble when the site chairman named Micon started going crazy and shoving AIPF with reckless abandon. It seemed to me that some people were either scared of him or potentially "softplaying" him. I almost called A3 button vs BB when he jammed on me again.... I was getting short and was in need of a double up to make it into the money and potentially win the mtt for like 15 Bitcoins. That is $2250 in value at the time of playing. Guys routinely buy and swap shares of themselves, and as a small site it reeks of soft-play/blatant collusion. I was however fairly naive at the time, in regards to the sites sketchiness. Anyways, back to the Chairman Micon and his AIPF rampage; and his ever growing stack. I survived another round and finally picked up AK with 10bbs. True to form, an unopened pot lead to this Chairman and alleged poker pro Micon open shoving AIPF on the button into my AK. Now I am not a sore looser most of the time, but this seemed super fishy..... he paused for a few seconds prior to going AIPF.... then he shoved an effective 15bb stack into both the SB and myself the BB. Now I don't know of any alleged PROS, let alone even decent players who open shove and effective 15bb stack into 2 players with 72.... particularly when you know these players are getting short and most importantly ready to call with a very wide range of hands based on their perceived image of you the villian. The pause before Micon open shoved an effective 15bb stack into a pot that had only 2.5bbs is of major concern; especially after he snaps off TP and a FD with 27 dd. This is such a bad play, it makes me wonder if he did not either set-up/manipulate the software to ensure victory. I am telling you the ludacris play coupled with the subtle but noticeable pause makes me very strongly believe that he either knew what the cards were and were going to be; or he manipulated the outcome. Now I understand that I am a little off the original topic, but if you care to know more about SWC I encourage you to look no further than at the chairman Micon. If you google search this guy, you will find that the ratio of people that like him relative to the players that think he is flat out scum is literally 1-10. this guy Micon is involved in a site that at the very least cares absolutely nothing for their players; and at the worst is filled with a bunch of good old boys in Vegas who are washed out and running a shady poker site to support their habits that they acquired when they were sucessfull poker players in the late 90's/mid 00's. ( before poker became to complicated for these has beens to actually earn the type of money that they were used to) Trust me, I know of some of these haggard players that hang around there on SWC as Micons "buddies" Scott Fischman is the best example, although there are a few more. Scott made a few runs when everyone sucked at poker. He made a couple million dollars, now he routinely can be observed in Vegas playing 1/2 and occasionally 2/5 NL. I can assure you that these guys have other means of income, as no one can sustain themselves playing 1/2 or even 2/5 live.... especially in Vegas. These guys are the ultimate degens, and I am warning you all that some very shady shit goes on over there at SWC. I am so over that site, I wouldn't play there unless someone fully backed me and I was free-rolling bigger events. That site is rife with collusion and softplay. I even had a guy openly state to another player to "Go easy on man, we are on the same TEAM. LIKE WTF.... obviously site admin cares less than 2 hoots.
    Back on the subject of PP/poker/, and away from SWC. (Which I obviously lambasted) I would avoid using PP for any virtual currency such as PO points or Bitcoin; as well as SWC and any JS/BCP/Lock $$$ transfers. It just isn't worth the hassle of either someone reversing a transaction, or potentially having your PP account locked/frozen with no explanation. Trust me, I am obviously speaking from experience. Obviously this is a ridiculously long post/tirade; but I had to get all of that out there. I surely hope that someone gets some use out of this. I am a slow typer, and this took like 5 minutes LOL.
    Last edited by sickread23; 05-06-2013 at 02:38 AM.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

PokerOwned Demi-God DocHo11idaze's Avatar
    man, can you put that into paragraphs, that was a bitch to read. Good luck, hope you can get shit squared away with PP
    Turtleboooy: lol when i come on i think f*** that Doc guy but i dont know why...haha
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

PokerOwned God
    My first thought Doc, lolz

For sure, do not mention poker or betting or any of that related shit in or around PayPal. Ever.

If there is something you need to discuss, just say it was a trade for goods. If they ask what type of goods, you say it was for ass. That is all good. Just like it's illegal to sell your used 1001 post (what?) used panties on Ebay it is to mention Poker on PP.

That shit on bitcoin, you can read the materials that run that type of poker client - The whole cards can be seen by the Owner. This client is just like the client here on PokerOwned but I do not mind going in once awhile and throw some chips in. lolz
    Of course the last time I did do this, said it was my last time. I have gone back one more time to lose a small but big 300 stack in a few minutes but that could be of my bad horrible play that I am known for. lolz again.

Too bad to hear this shit, if it was you who mentioned gambling to PP ... nvm but if it was the other guy, just deny that shit and say it was for goods. GL

Quote Originally Posted by dimebags7 View Post
    My first thought Doc, lolz

For sure, do not mention poker or betting or any of that related shit in or around PayPal. Ever.

If there is something you need to discuss, just say it was a trade for goods. If they ask what type of goods, you say it was for ass. That is all good. Just like it's illegal to sell your used 1001 post (what?) used panties on Ebay it is to mention Poker on PP.

That shit on bitcoin, you can read the materials that run that type of poker client - The whole cards can be seen by the Owner. This client is just like the client here on PokerOwned but I do not mind going in once awhile and throw some chips in. lolz
    Of course the last time I did do this, said it was my last time. I have gone back one more time to lose a small but big 300 stack in a few minutes but that could be of my bad horrible play that I am known for. lolz again.

Too bad to hear this shit, if it was you who mentioned gambling to PP ... nvm but if it was the other guy, just deny that shit and say it was for goods. GL
    No I was unaware until I heard of the situation, and checked to find my account locked. I also received a threatening email from this guy whose name could release but won't. He says I had better pay him or he is going to fuck me up.... something very similar. Also says that this is some Bullshit, and that if he isn't compensated by tomorrow he is coming on here and is going to blow the chat up, He also threatened me yet again by saying things are about to get very very nasty 4 me. In this day and age I never take a threat lightly, even if it is just an email. This guy actually sounds rather unsavory, and if this whole mess isn't resolved I say good riddance to him.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Agreed, a bitch to read, but certainly enlightening...thanx for your time, and good luck with PP

PokerOwned Demi-God DocHo11idaze's Avatar
    the vucomedy guy is the one emailing you?
    Turtleboooy: lol when i come on i think f*** that Doc guy but i dont know why...haha

PokerOwned God
    Holy crap, we both started at PO at the same time in 2012 ... nice! At least with these usernames hehe

Fuck that is some fucked up shit to be hearing. Bitcoins, is why is best to just cashe em out via a wallet str8 to da bank.

1002nd post - Im counting now

i had this happen to me also but not only was my account closed but the transaction reversed now paypal calls me every day to pay back the debt

Seasoned Veteran
    A lot of people who trade use GDMP's (Green Dot Money Packs). I'm not sure what all you can spend GDMP's on. They are used mainly to buy a wide range of prepaid cards. Someone who knows more about them than me could tell you if they can be used to receive cash.

Experienced Member
    Alright folks I warned this kid if he didn't do the right thing I would expose every single detail so I am going to include the whole works and let everyone know what a liar and scam artist this kid is. So I'm going to start with a basic fact, and continue with nothing but facts:

On Seals With Clubs you buy a bitcoin and that coin is worth 1000 chips on that site. On April 15th I sold 500 chips for $50 to sickread23 who paid me with paypal because he HAD established some trust with a few of the players on the site.
    Attachment 1713

Let's be clear- sickread23 on my original post has already confirmed he is the same sickread23 on this forum who seems to be "hazy" as whether this transaction occurred or not, but yet seems to have a perfect memory about how things went down on the site.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast