Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62891.41

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Its just like you said s810car, when you check call the flop like that you get no information, had he raised and then bet out the turn if the hand even went to the turn, your gonna get lot more information of what he is holding in his hand, compared to the way the hand played out!! I think you had em honestly, wish we knew tho

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytodd28 View Post
    I agree with few of what the others have said, I think when he bet 1900 on the flop and you reraise him, you should then find out how really strong he is with what he does to your raise!! Then you can make your decision if you AQ is good, but im with sickread on this one im calling the river shove!! But like I said, IMO Im reraising the flop bet and that should give you all the info you need to know about how strong he really is!!
    A flop reraise is awkward for a number of reasons. He isn't dumb enough to call with KJ or something there to a flop raise, so I'm giving him value when he has hands like he did.
    Also, if he pushes all in right then on the flop (which he would with KQ and possibly AJ/A10 if he doesn't believe me as well as the sets aforementioned and AK, then I have to call it off anyways.
    He WON'T flat a flop raise. He's better than putting himself in an awkward spot like that when a J or 10 peels or something.
    He'll either shove all in with a range slightly better than mine, or he'll fold. No in between. So I can't do that. Not even worth considering...

Stacks aren't deep enough for a raise and lead on turn. That's more than both of our stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    a flop reraise is awkward for a number of reasons. He isn't dumb enough to call with kj or something there to a flop raise, so i'm giving him value when he has hands like he did.
    Also, if he pushes all in right then on the flop (which he would with kq and possibly aj/a10 if he doesn't believe me as well as the sets aforementioned and ak, then i have to call it off anyways.
    He won't flat a flop raise. He's better than putting himself in an awkward spot like that when a j or 10 peels or something.
    He'll either shove all in with a hand that beats mine, or he'll fold giving me the pot. No in between. .
    fyp
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    A flop reraise is awkward for a number of reasons. He isn't dumb enough to call with KJ or something there to a flop raise, so I'm giving him value when he has hands like he did.
    Also, if he pushes all in right then on the flop (which he would with KQ and possibly AJ/A10 if he doesn't believe me as well as the sets aforementioned and AK, then I have to call it off anyways.
    He WON'T flat a flop raise. He's better than putting himself in an awkward spot like that when a J or 10 peels or something.
    He'll either shove all in with a range slightly better than mine, or he'll fold. No in between. So I can't do that. Not even worth considering...

Just my opinion bro, but its definately worth considering bro, I find it hard to believe your saying what I told you is not even worth considering, but hey we all different players here, some good and some bad and some trying to learn!!

continuing on what I said, trying to extract ANY more value in that wet board is suicide, you would want a fold at flop, nothing else would be safe unless you hit a miracle 4 outter boat I wouldnt want to be in that hand past flop. Check-raise ftw
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by s810car View Post
    continuing on what I said, trying to extract ANY more value in that wet board is suicide, you would want a fold at flop, nothing else would be safe unless you hit a miracle 4 outter boat I wouldnt want to be in that hand past flop. Check-raise ftw

Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by s810car View Post
    So raise knowing I'll only get action when beat?

I think the issue here is that you raise/called a 3bet OOP. You should be putting him on a range of hands before you make the call, so if you feel a call is appropriate given stacks sizes/dynamics, I have no idea what on earth would make you consider folding on that flop. Your not deep enough to be playing your hand the way you did. I mean what are you going to do if the flop comes 772? Or j109. I imagine your c/folding a 772 flop which means your kinda spewing chips being so short and calling oop vs a guy who is really good, or your calling a J109 board when your not beating anything and presumably drawing dead to a straight, and your already seeing monsters under the bed on this flop, so a j109 flop would mean likely only an 8 or a K would be good and his range according to you has a lot of Ks... KK/AK. It kinda boils down to a few things: A) your short, B) he is good and capable of turning a made hand like KQ into a bluff C) you have exhibited weakness which is only going to fuel his aggression. The only hand that you could have is AQ, because he is never putting you on AK given the fact that you are short and OOP. Truthfully, he is never putting you on AQ, which means he smells weakness and hye is likely exploiting it. If you really think that his range is so tight that he isn't 3betting wide enough to call here on an AKQ board, then we should be folding pre-flop. Just my 2 cents. We aren't deep enough to be messing around here trying to be a hero. No hate @ all, just my take. obviously you are killing it

Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    I think the issue here is that you raise/called a 3bet OOP. You should be putting him on a range of hands before you make the call, so if you feel a call is appropriate given stacks sizes/dynamics, I have no idea what on earth would make you consider folding on that flop. Your not deep enough to be playing your hand the way you did. I mean what are you going to do if the flop comes 772? Or j109. I imagine your c/folding a 772 flop which means your kinda spewing chips being so short and calling oop vs a guy who is really good, or your calling a J109 board when your not beating anything and presumably drawing dead to a straight, and your already seeing monsters under the bed on this flop, so a j109 flop would mean likely only an 8 or a K would be good and his range according to you has a lot of Ks... KK/AK. It kinda boils down to a few things: A) your short, B) he is good and capable of turning a made hand like KQ into a bluff C) you have exhibited weakness which is only going to fuel his aggression. The only hand that you could have is AQ, because he is never putting you on AK given the fact that you are short and OOP. Truthfully, he is never putting you on AQ, which means he smells weakness and hye is likely exploiting it. If you really think that his range is so tight that he isn't 3betting wide enough to call here on an AKQ board, then we should be folding pre-flop. Just my 2 cents. We aren't deep enough to be messing around here trying to be a hero. No hate @ all, just my take. obviously you are killing it
    He's a nit, I thought he'd be super strong. Partly why I played so defensively.. Maybe I should fold preflop? That's so weak/tight though. My AQ is behind his range from the start tho.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast