Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63944.32

Desolation of Smaug

I went to this two weeks ago intending to see the normal version matinee for $6, but read the schedule wrong and saw it in 3D instead. I don't care about 3D - but if there was any movie out right now that deserves my extra $7, this one does! Crazy film making!

PokerOwned Pro
    Do you have to see the first Hobbit before seeing this movie, or will I be lost without seeing the first?

My son said that, while he enjoyed the special effects, it was basically 2 hours of stretching. The story of The Hobbit, even if you include the extras from the Silmarillion, is not sufficient to really need three 150 minute movies.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HopsnBarley28 View Post
    My son said that, while he enjoyed the special effects, it was basically 2 hours of stretching. The story of The Hobbit, even if you include the extras from the Silmarillion, is not sufficient to really need three 150 minute movies.
    Agree. How can you take one book that is shorter than the other three and make three movies, meanwhile having only made one movie per each book. Totally seemed stretched to me as well with limited battle scenes. I expect the next one to be very enjoyable though. Would give this one a 6.

son
    Experienced Member
    Lord of the ring triology and hobbit triology...
    Wich one you prepare to watch?
    I guess pittet jackson made it just 4 money

PokerOwned Veteran
    You should definitely see the first hobbit movie. you'll be so confused if you don't

Fellowship is the best of Jackson's adaptations. Yeah there was some good stuff left out, but there was a whole bunch of boring stuff left out too.