Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64290.75

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced Member

Why does playing correct poker and winning get you called a donkey?

That is one annoying part of playing in bigger MTTs that have freeroll or less then 5 dollar entries. So many people talk stupid and call you names when your hand dominated them preflop. My real question is this. Is saying GG when someone loses ever considered an underhanded move?

PokerOwned God
    I've always considered gg as something polite. I sometimes say it when I knock someone out and I sometimes say it when I get knocked out. There's another thread on this same thing, you should check it out, lots of opinions on there.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    They always call you a DONKEY when you beat them along with all the other nasty names they can think of, lmao!!!
    JUST PLAYIN FOR FUN

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I think saying gg is polite as well. But some people just can't help complaining just to complain no matter what. You're a donk if you win, you're a donk if you lose. Sites rigged, How do you call that(even if they were bluffing with nothing, so who's the donk?), Blah blah blah. Tired of people that can't handle a loss and blame everything else but their own play....pffft please.

PokerOwned Master
    that is always what happens when they get outplayed. If they did it to you they would be a genius but since it happens to them you are a donkey. makes perfect sense to them but no one else. Just ignore them or note them and turn their chat off I do it.

gg is the most annoying thing in the world ever its obnoxious and in the cae of freerolls especially here at po plain fuccking wrong, most of the idiots here wouldnt know a good game if it wore flashing neons and was dancing naked
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    gg is the most annoying thing in the world ever its obnoxious and in the cae of freerolls especially here at po plain fuccking wrong, most of the idiots here wouldnt know a good game if it wore flashing neons and was dancing naked
    LOL It must be obnoxious if you say it is.....anyway, I will continue to say GG although I reserve it for the final table though in most cases, as usually(again..usually) someone played a decent game to make it that far. And personally I can find a lot more annoying things in the world, like crying everytime you lose or running to the PO chat to complain about it...

Of course, we have only your word for whether or not you are playing "good poker" when you get called a donkey...

Yea Yea you got Donkeys, Nits, Tags, Fish and the worst over confident professionals. But there is a technique to playing poker even though there is no technique to what the flop turn and river will show??????

PokerOwned Pro
    A far more important question to ask is why does other players' opinions/comments on your game bother you at all? Are you playing to make friends? If anything, they are telling you how they'd play, which is free info. Thank them and move on.

I see so much ego destroying good players, like when they make a good-but-difficult fold and feel the need to show the table their cards, as if to say, "Look how good I am for folding here." Nobody can reach you through the screen, so just pat yourself on the back and get on with the game. If you're trying to impress people at the table, you're subject to Fancy Play Syndrome and ultimately discover that you were trying to impress idiots who couldn't care less.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast