Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64933.4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran

When I ran into the "DONK GOD"

This happened a few months ago but I still remember it very clearly! I won a ticket into the 100k on carbon and it was my first time playing in it! I was running good for around 3 hours but about an hour before late registration ended, I ran into the "DONK GOD". SO I wake up with AA on the button and UTG shoves with his decent size stack so a pretty easy call for me. He turns over 9c2c and hits a set of 2's on the flop and I couldn't improve! oh well it happens, I laughed and shook it off but a few hands later I look down to see im holding KK! The same guy shoves so I snap call! He turns over 54o and of course flops a full house! I couldn't improve on the turn or river so what was a nice size stack I had a few hands ago has became really small! I went card dead for awhile and barely made it past late registration but fell a little short of cashing! Im over the whole thing now but I will never forget the day I ran into the "DONK GOD"!

Odds say that them 2 hands in a row against him could not beat you like that but then again we are talking about online poker where only the donks earn the rewards that decent card players should be getting... Havent met a decent player yet who has a decent stat to back it up. It just dont make any sense. odds are odds for reasons not just because LOL
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kikdapoor View Post
    This happened a few months ago but I still remember it very clearly! I won a ticket into the 100k on carbon and it was my first time playing in it! I was running good for around 3 hours but about an hour before late registration ended, I ran into the "DONK GOD". SO I wake up with AA on the button and UTG shoves with his decent size stack so a pretty easy call for me. He turns over 9c2c and hits a set of 2's on the flop and I couldn't improve! oh well it happens, I laughed and shook it off but a few hands later I look down to see im holding KK! The same guy shoves so I snap call! He turns over 54o and of course flops a full house! I couldn't improve on the turn or river so what was a nice size stack I had a few hands ago has became really small! I went card dead for awhile and barely made it past late registration but fell a little short of cashing! Im over the whole thing now but I will never forget the day I ran into the "DONK GOD"!
    I've lost a about $160 this morning to uncanny shoves. The best was A9 off raising my bet when I had jj then when the flop comes 4510 he checks. I make a small bet he doubles it. I shove all in for like ten times the raise and he snap calls and hits an ace on the turn.

PokerOwned Master
    I don't think I have won with AA in about a month. I am thinking of folding them preflop. I am so sick of being beat up by bullshit I am on the verge of break every computer in my house so I can play online anymore lmao.

PokerOwned Veteran
    My AA either gets taken down post flop, or I can't get people to fuckin call me with it pre flop. I'm so tired of that hand

Experienced Member
    its the greatest excuse to play the 9c 2c... they were suited

Current B2B Champ
    Why do you guys continue to play on the rigged, collusion filled poker site known as carbon/merge. For years the same stories over and over and then they took away p2p transfers and take months to even consider a cashout, while they continue to rake any small profits you might make. When are people gonna learn to stay the hell away from that crooked site.

Quote Originally Posted by kikdapoor View Post
    Im over the whole thing now but I will never forget the day I ran into the "DONK GOD"!
    Gotta say that if you're posting this a few months after it happened, you're probably not over it
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

I have had my share of those types of donk moves pulled on me, and then get screamed at if I am in the BB and they limp in with KK or AA and I hit a straight or nut flush on the flop with 79s. But online is weird anyway, I have to agree that in all the years of playing online I have never seen real odds apply.

One of my favorite hands of all time...this was in cash
    Me AA I raise preflop for sure
    BB calls with who knows what
    flop A77

Rest assured the BB had a 7
    We end up all-in with our stacks. He hits the case 7 to beat me. I understand why he thought he was ahead but damn I don't blame him if I saw that flop I would think I was ahead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast