Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63459.98

Thread: Help!!

PokerOwned Demi-God

Help!!

I played in a live small buyin tourney last night. There were 130 entrants, 40 dollar buyin, 13 itm with just over 1k for 1st. I played pretty good i think thru most of tourney, made a couple tough calls and it paid off, though i was never really big stacked. I made it through 3 hrs with ok stack, i get 77 (down to 3 tables now) in late position, a small stack shoves, followed by a guy with similar to my stack reraises. So at this pt i still have decent stack, if i call, i'm short stacked, my thinking is i am prob way behind to 1 of them and flip to other, so i fold, they have AA and QQ, sigh of relief, till dealer turns 7 and rivers another. If I shove, I can coast to the money now, I know I made right fold, but still... Anyway, I then go card dead till we are down to 15 left, so I am very short stacked along with 1 other at my table, not sure about other table. He shoves his stack and is reraised, so I fold my A5, would of won that hand, but now down to 14 players, again, 13 pay. I double once, then take blinds and limpers chips 2 hands later with AQ. Now I have a few chips anyway, but noone is playing anything but premium cards, and blinds are out of control, so utg I get A10 , shove , of course someone wakes up with JJ, board runs out A 10 Q K x. Really sucks playing for hours only to bubble. I am having really hard time letting this all go and moving on. How do you get past disappointment and get back to playing your game and not letting it affect your play. I already played a fr this morning and made horrible decision to get knocked out. I went into this live tourney feeling really good and think I played well, gotta get back to that and put the disappointment behind me.

just know you played good and made good decessions, poker gods didn't help but that's poker, get back on the horse and keep playing your gsme mad1 things will change gl fool
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Well played in same tourney again, as usual on friday night. Little less crowded, guess with holidays and all, only 107 entrants. I got enough hands to survive to 2 tables again, then, ss'd in bb i get an A and manage to double with it, then few hands later I get JJ, guy shoves, I call for less, and big stack calls, I think I am probably in trouble, but best case scenario, they both have AQ and I triple. Coast to final table, card dead, I get JJ again, guy shoved his 99 and flops a 9. I would feel better if it was AK, at least losing a flip I can take, drives me crazy losing at this pt with a dominating hand. At least I cashed this time, though just above min.

ON a side note, just wondering what any regular live players think of this buyin, It's 40 bucks, 29 is the entry, rest is fees and dealer bonus, seems a bit steep to me.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Sorry buddy, I can not even help myself these days let alone helping you...lol Good luck in all you do though and same to me.