Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $68718.39

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    I am as well.. I don't get it.. It's a great promotion..

PokerOwned Madness: 49 open spots and there's 1 day left only 13 people have joined.

I'd hate to turn it off, I guess we can leave it running.. Maybe I should lower it to 50 points buy in to get more users to join?

Hell even 25 points?
    is it costing u anything to leave it running?
    yeah deffo reduce the prizepool a lil bit i mean hell at its current rate its not like anyones hitting the full potential of 6500
    i even bought someone into the bloody thing this morning :|

Quote Originally Posted by shawkid View Post
    Maybe the problem is some people cannot play every day so they don't join. I know I cannot play on Thursdays so I'd hate to make it that far and just give up.
    yeah but it runs on all skins...and whilst it is advised to play as many games as possible u can make a pass with just playing 1 game a day and at only 13 entrants ull probs get thru to thursday/fri games anyway :|
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Zab
    I'll decrease the buyin
    I think I should try to add BCP somehow
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Elite PokerOwned Member
    wow.. another great idea!!! thas sounds really good

I know the main issue right now is people not signing up so this suggestion is obviously secondary to that. I think that it should be player rating for at least 1 game that decides winners of each match and that's it. No heads up winning. This would allow better skilled players to rely on skill vs getting knocked out with your AA vs 23 off and some nit wins that game. Poker involves too much luck (much more than basketball obviously) and therefore it doesn't make sense to me to even have the option of losing because 1 game on 1 day someone lasted longer than you.

Sure in the NCAA bracket you can have an underdog win over a power team but that game itself is not decided on luck (SOME luck may play into it but very minimal). The underdog team PLAYED BETTER than the power team so they won. Right now in PO Madness you could be the worst player on the site and still win the championship every week bc the better player kept getting bad beated out of the tourney. I'm sure I'll be the only one supporting this idea but that's ok I still think it's the better way to decide daily winners.

Elite PokerOwned Member pokerponed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    I'll decrease the buyin
    I think I should try to add BCP somehow
    I would rather it be with BCP too. There are so many byes its crazy!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I think somehow it needs to be made so you can get by with just playing one per day. I love this promotion, but i've been really busy lately and have been finding it hard to get more than one in in any give day. If you only play one and you're not heads-up for that one, you're pretty much screwed. I think that's a big concern for some.

Elite PokerOwned Member maxima191's Avatar
    I play when I can.
    "Take My Bankroll-Plz!"

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    very cool promo Zab. however i have noticed that some ppl are getting a bye until the smifinals, i think its jsut by luck, but its happneing every week?

Quote Originally Posted by crypiter View Post
    I know the main issue right now is people not signing up so this suggestion is obviously secondary to that. I think that it should be player rating for at least 1 game that decides winners of each match and that's it. No heads up winning. This would allow better skilled players to rely on skill vs getting knocked out with your AA vs 23 off and some nit wins that game. Poker involves too much luck (much more than basketball obviously) and therefore it doesn't make sense to me to even have the option of losing because 1 game on 1 day someone lasted longer than you.

Sure in the NCAA bracket you can have an underdog win over a power team but that game itself is not decided on luck (SOME luck may play into it but very minimal). The underdog team PLAYED BETTER than the power team so they won. Right now in PO Madness you could be the worst player on the site and still win the championship every week bc the better player kept getting bad beated out of the tourney. I'm sure I'll be the only one supporting this idea but that's ok I still think it's the better way to decide daily winners.
    If it changed to player rating I would never join it again, because the ratings are skewed towards the sites with fewer players and I can't play on ACP/BCP. I actually feel it should be changed to highest finish instead of player rating because I've lost because of that, it looked like the other player was avoiding getting into a headsup match with me. I think more people will start registering now that the numbers are going back up up. I like it being a 100 pt buyin. I would probably still register if it was less, but I wouldn't pay attention cause it wouldn't be enough points to matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    If it changed to player rating I would never join it again, because the ratings are skewed towards the sites with fewer players and I can't play on ACP/BCP. I actually feel it should be changed to highest finish instead of player rating because I've lost because of that, it looked like the other player was avoiding getting into a headsup match with me. I think more people will start registering now that the numbers are going back up up. I like it being a 100 pt buyin. I would probably still register if it was less, but I wouldn't pay attention cause it wouldn't be enough points to matter to me.
    I have heard this concern from a few others but I believe the ratings take into account the number of players in the tourney so playing in a game with fewer players doesn't mean you have a skewed chance for a better rating.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast