• Yes change it to 160

0 0%
  • Yes change it to 175

1 7.69%
  • Yes change it to 190

0 0%
  • Yes change it to 200

6 46.15%
  • Please lower it, I don't care if 200 people opt in!

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PokerOwned Master
    I agree with codd, and think that the biggest pisser is still the leakers getting in and playing crazy. I'd like to see more of the tourneys being restricted, even the regular 150 point games. New players would see the benefits within that 3-4 day span when our tourneys get ONLY our players, and not a bunch of others.

I say change to 200, all active members now know the crack as how it works and will help new members who are wondering how points work.

PokerOwned Moderator CoddBrunson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    At what point do you say, ok we need to increase..

How many people play in FRC? 100+ per day?

The ones at night seem to attract more people, thinking I'll run the restricted at 4:30 this week and 8:30 next week.

Eventually doing 4:30, 8:30 & 10:30 or something
    Okay, so a crap load of people are playing the 150 buy in daily tournament, that's awesome for the site. People start complaining it's too hard to win/too many people. Well if there's a crap load of people opting in, then that means there's more revenue backing up that tournament. Which means you can increase the prize pool. Go up to $30, then $35 etc as the amount of people increase.

I would just always have the daily 1430 EST tournament be a nice easy 150 pts so new ppl can easily get into it.

But I'm all about the second tournament of the day, increasing the points buy in. or adding another and doing ones like the Wed no excuses. But I'd add an extra tournament for the Wednesday no excuses, instead of replacing. What happens when someone shows up to get in, there not a regular so to say, but they know there's always two fr's to get into a day here, and now one is restricted on them.

PokerOwned Master
    The other point about more people opting in, is that it makes the games better in the long run. Look,,,if people wanna use the site as a get rich quick scheme by only having 10 people in a tourney, they aren't very good at the damn game!! They should be facing more players and styles to improve their game. The only one who should truly look at this site as an "earner" is Zab.
    I know Codd,myself and a few others do ok in the tourneys, but as soon as I put cash on a site I'm playing there to increase my bankroll. There was a long span where I was here everyday chatting and posting but not playing the freerolls, giving players who need to generate a bankroll the chance. Let's be serious..if you won every freeroll on fulltilt in a day...you might make a couple of hundred, or you can go win a single $3 tourney and make the same. You gotta keep at least one easy to get into tourney so that you can get the new members into a chance at cash. For us others....sure put other tourneys with higher buyins and prizes, but really we should be playing our cash bankroll to increase and not relying on this sites small gains. I mostly play the games here 'cos they are fun and ur messing with people you chat with every day.....that didn't change while I had a cash stake and won't in the future. Keep something easy and attract a bigger membership...let us long term genius/moron players fend for ourselves! ( Still say go to more restricted tourneys and avoid PW leaking..at worst it'll give new members a couple days to build their points.)
    THIS IS THE RESULT OF TOO MUCH MORNING COFFEE.....i RANT....lol.

Zab
    Ok points made..

I like the ideas of making the FIRST one of the day Easy (New users can get a feel for the site, see how they can opt in etc and even opt in for that tourney) Could gradually increase that one to $30+ etc

I'd like to get the 2nd one of the day Restricted (Users coming in won't get access but then they will see the 3rd one that they can get access to)

3rd one of the day not restricted

Until we're at the point where we can do 3 a day, I will do the no excuse Wednesday. We're getting close to where we can do 3 per day, Wednesday is a good test run to see how people do with a restricted one with a lot of points.

So my goal:

4:30 est - 150 Points - $25 - Not Restricted
    8:30 est - 200 Points? - $25 - Not Restricted
    10:30 est - 150 Points - $25 - Not Restricted

Something like that?
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

PokerOwned Master
    It may be worthwhile giving new users a 'freebie' tourney, but only if your tracking software can stop'em registering multiple times from the same IP address. If you are going to increase the points required, you've gotta bump the payouts by an equivalent. I mean I see no reason to spend 50 extra points for the same payout if I,m starting out or stuck in a country with few surveys. If I need to use the site to build a roll....I'm gonna value shop the tourneys too.

Zab
    50 extra points for the same payout is to get the # of users down. I didn't want to have everyone enter a field of 200!!! But I guess that's a good problem to have.

I started out the tourneys at 200 points It was a work in progress, everyone just got used to 150. I am happy with 150, I think it's a good number and it's easy to obtain..

But then I added some REALLY easy things you can do to get points that brings no revenue (Points for posts, Lottery) so I have to balance that out as well.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

PokerOwned Master
    Yeah....I know you gotta balance them. My point is in the long run, your continued revenue is always gonna be new users. Anyone who's been here a while has done a lot of the tasks, or made points somehow. I still do the tasks and surveys when I find that they don't screw my system too badly, but with enough points for 10 freerolls I kinda sit back. I play the freerolls when I'm down below $10 and then let everyone else get a better chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12