Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63354.89

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    The only league i played in basically uses some formula where they take everyone on the teams finishing position, averages it out and compares to other teams averages and ranks them like that. There might be more to it but that is pretty much what they do.
    Well is that how we should do our scoring???

We'd have to figure it out because the BCP \ Juicy \ Lock have less people playing than Carbon

That's why money won comes into play a bit
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

everything looks fine, im just not totally sure bout the pay outs(percentages dont look very atractive, i think maybe instead of charging team's owner in a bigger amount every member could be charged in almost same amount, making prizes more equal for all in team, im just concerned bout people discouraging due to low pay outs)...now, bout the cap, i wonder if it would be possible to do it an average simply instead of X or Y number of finishes, something that would take more into account each player's skills and not only total games played...

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

I will think about it some more but i really think there needs to be some scoring system that isnt simply money won. You want everyone to be able to join and like it. Scoring solely on money won just makes it a month long speedway and while speedway is a great promo it leaves people who cant put in the volume isolated.

Zab
    The only league i played in basically uses some formula where they take everyone on the teams finishing position, averages it out and compares to other teams averages and ranks them like that. There might be more to it but that is pretty much what they do.
    We'd somehow have to take into account the field size
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

Zab
    I will think about it some more but i really think there needs to be some scoring system that isnt simply money won. You want everyone to be able to join and like it. Scoring solely on money won just makes it a month long speedway and while speedway is a great promo it leaves people who cant put in the volume isolated.
    Maybe we could do it like..........

Field Size (every 10 players add 2 points)

So

1st place = 20 pts
    2nd place = 18 pts
    3rd place = 16 pts
    4th place = 14 pts
    5th place = 12 pts
    6th place = 10 pts
    7th place = 8 pts
    8th place = 6 pts
    9th place = 4 pts
    10th place = 2 pts

If the field was 0-19 people, then add no extra points
    if the field was 20-29 people, then add 2 extra points (so first place = 22 pts)
    if the field was 30-39 people, then add 4 extra points
    if the field was 40-49 people, then add 6 extra points (So first place = 26 pts)

Thoughts on that?

PokerOwned Moderator CloudyMinded's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Well is that how we should do our scoring???

We'd have to figure it out because the BCP \ Juicy \ Lock have less people playing than Carbon

That's why money won comes into play a bit
    I know that the scoring is also dependent on how many ppl are in the tourney so the number of ppl in a tourney also comes into play so that would apply to the much smaller numbers on juicy/lock/bcp...I'm not sure how they math it out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Maybe we could do it like..........

Field Size (every 10 players add 2 points)

So

1st place = 20 pts
    2nd place = 18 pts
    3rd place = 16 pts
    4th place = 14 pts
    5th place = 12 pts
    6th place = 10 pts
    7th place = 8 pts
    8th place = 6 pts
    9th place = 4 pts
    10th place = 2 pts

If the field was 0-19 people, then add no extra points
    if the field was 20-29 people, then add 2 extra points (so first place = 22 pts)
    if the field was 30-39 people, then add 4 extra points
    if the field was 40-49 people, then add 6 extra points (So first place = 26 pts)

Thoughts on that?
    I don't think it should be a linear trend. 1st should not be worth 10 times as many as 10th, but the top should still be inflated in my opinion. I'd rather see something like:

1. 20 points
    2. 16 points
    3. 12 points
    4. 10 points
    5. 9 points
    6. 8 points
    7-10. 7 points
    11-20. 2 points

Plus similar bonuses for field size and maybe -1 point for each tournament played (no negatives imo).

That's my advice/suggestion.

Also, to clarify, does the team owner's results count as points for the team too? And do team sizes affect standing: aka a team of 20 can obviously destroy teams of like 3.
    Last edited by jasonv12; 07-07-2013 at 12:08 AM.

PokerOwned Moderator CloudyMinded's Avatar
    i think max on team is like 5 or something if you include team owner, but not sure about that...

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudyMinded View Post
    i think max on team is like 5 or something if you include team owner, but not sure about that...
    Yup 5 seems to be the magic #

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    Plus similar bonuses for field size
    This is what we need to figure out

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast