Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64684.76

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running cold

Experienced Member

Running cold

Lately I feel like I have been getting cold cards or when I do get a half decent hand like AQ some one will catch AA and bust me. I feel like this is hurting my game because it makes me scared to raise or even call on occasion. Any suggestions for how to get over it? Should I practice more or take a while off to get my head straight?

It is gonna happen, more times than you want fit to. I run cold way to muck. LOL
    A bad attitude is just like a car with a flat tire, "You aren't going anywhere unless you change it."

PokerOwned Veteran
    It's definitely something that's bound to happen, no matter how well you play things.

PokerOwned Pro
    Spend a day studying and look into negative variance.

I've lost 23 flips in a row on Carbon now, most as a favorite. Shit happens.

AA< A3s, KK< A10o, QQ<69o, AKo<AQo, AKo<AA, AKs<A2o, AKs<22, JJ<KQo, AQs<A9s, AQo<AA, AJs<1010, 99<104o (I had 3 bbs), 77<55, 66<A8o, 66<J10o, KQs<K9o, KQo<KK, K9s<K10o, K7s<J4o (2 bbs), QJs<KQ, Q10s<77, Q3o<26o, 104o<86s (blinds forced me in last two)

The last one I won... AA>A6o. Which qualifies as the biggest preflop favorite in all of Texas Holdem.

It's called a down streak/running bad for a reason. It'll turn around eventually. I promise. Just keep making solid decisions.

Running cold happens to everyone and it is a shitty thing to deal with at times....The better players are the ones who remain strong and pull through the rough patches in poker.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    haven't seen you much, but what I have seen is pretty bad...Quit playin ragz

PokerOwned Veteran
    you should make sure to get it in when your'e decent people with pocket aa are actually afraid of people cracking them thats why they usually try to get it in pf and I would make sure never to call a shove pf unless I had a really decent hand or felt good about it

PokerOwned Veteran
    when i play i try never to call, y just raise or fold, but never call, becuse you show strength and can take the pot in the flop with cbet, the only time i call is if i have a small pocket pair, but the rest of the hands i either raise or fold, because if you call you show yourself weak

PokerOwned Veteran
    You got to fight through it. Variance is ugly and you just got to keep going through it. Eventually you will get it back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast