Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Exclamation Learning to use All-In as an Effective Strategy

" You DONK! "
    " YOU FISH!"
    "YOU PIECE OF CRAP"
    "YOU NEWB!"
    "DONKEY"

These are just some of the responses you will get after reading this post and using the knowledge I am about to give you.

Simple Stuff - When you shove all-in preflop, you guarantee yourself to see all 5 cards, no getting bluffed, slow-played or outplayed.

-When you shove all-in pre-flop, you often isolate the number of opponents you have to beat to 1 or 2. So if you have A-A you don't have to worry about wasting them on a multi-way flop.

-When you shove in pre-flop later in the tournament, you can often just pick up those vital blinds and antes.

-At the final table, shove all-in in your LB if you have a decent stack. Just do it-no matter what your cards. You show aggression and may tilt your BB next to you.

- Obviously when you shove in pre-flop you are maximizing your chances of a big pot win or knocking out other players.

- If you feel that there are other players that are better than you at the table, you completely neutralize their ability to out-play you before and after the flop. In other words, you make the cards play for themselves.

Other Tips and Etc. . .
    Determine a hand range in relation with position and stack sizes that you feel comfortable shoving all in with.

- If you're going to play a gambling game like poker, why not maximize your chances by seeing all 5 cards?

Not much more I can add on to this. Basically all-in can become an effective strategy for any new player, it might anger your fellow patrons, but that's a sacrifice we all have to make.

Your Friend,

GottImHimmel

Well it is an effective strategy if you are not confident in your ability to outplay your opponent. In general, it's a dumb move because you are getting worse hands to fold and the only hands that are calling you have you dominated. -EV play. There's a reason you never see pros open shove unless they're short stacked in a tourney

PokerOwned Master
    all in pre everytime you have a good starter is a good way of reinforcing the fact that you are a donk and dont have the skill to play post flop poker. On merge tho you can win with any 2 no matter how terribly you play them.

PokerOwned Veteren
    I play to win, you get your money in when you have the best of it and fold when you dont. Timing is everything , try and win a big pot every couple of levels you dont need to risk your stack with an all in untill late in the tourney when the bigstacks start to bully you. All in is not a strategy, it as an excuse for players that dont have the patience to grind it out.

Quote Originally Posted by brayx13 View Post
    i play to win, you get your money in when you have the best of it and fold when you dont. Timing is everything , try and win a big pot every couple of levels you dont need to risk your stack with an all in untill late in the tourney when the bigstacks start to bully you. All in is not a strategy, it as an excuse for players that dont have the patience to grind it out.

rec ++

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbbc_0169 View Post
    all in pre everytime you have a good starter is a good way of reinforcing the fact that you are a donk and dont have the skill to play post flop poker. On merge tho you can win with any 2 no matter how terribly you play them.
    I am not advocating all in every time people. However, remember the +Ev is largely nullified because of the fact that When you're broke, you're out, this is highlighted in David Sklansky's book, " Advanced Tournament Strategy "

PokerOwned Master
    All in is a very effective tool later in tournaments. It is to be used against short stacks that have 30% or less of your stack. Not against opponents that have more than you or its a half a chance you could be out. If only used against short stacks 30% or less you can afford to lose the occasional flip , while also using pressure to get people to fold.

I try and get all my chips in with the best hand,,,,preflop or whenever,,,,,When you allow someone to limp in with 7-2 suited and they hit a set,,,where does your big pair stand now, even when you make a good size raise preflop, some idiot with any two cards will call,, ,,,,if someone is going to suck out on me (which does happen) they are going to have to risk their chips to do it.... just my thoughts,,,
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dbbc_0169 View Post
    But this is one reason why I like pushing with a monster early game. People think you are weak and call with weaker. AA or KK only though. And only if there are a decent amount of loose aggressive players at the table.
    Last edited by TheBeesKnees; 07-30-2011 at 03:21 PM.

PokerOwned Master
    i never straight push pre unless the pot has been atleast 3 bet and i have a monster pair or in some cases AK depending on the circumstances... just the way i play

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast