Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64504.72

Experienced Member

How would you of played?

I am playing a dollar micro 250 grt and at the blinds 100-50 I am dealt AQ of spades in the cutoff position. The first thing that I would like to point out is that in most cases players either don't know or don't care about position, but here it goes. It folds around to the player directly to my right and they limp, I have played one hand so far and we have been playing for about 30 minutes, so I raise it up to 450. It folds to small blind and they call and the big blind calls and the original limper folds. Flop comes 10 spades 5 spades and 3 hearts. The sb checks bb checks so I bet about pot size, 1200 and pot was 1450. Sb folds and BB reraises me all in. I am thinking that he either hit his ten or is trying to push me off the hand so I call and he flips Q5 off suit and knocks me out with a pair of fives. How would you have played the hand and maybe someone could tell me what the Q5 was doing in the first place calling, was it priced right to see a flop and why 3 bet all in with bottom pair. Maybe its just me but I seem to lose against hands like this all the time and I think that I play and bet the right amounts to weed these fish out but maybe I just have to start shoven from the get go. Please share and thanks for the response.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 06-02-2013 at 01:54 AM.

It's micro-stakes so you have to adjust accordingly. People play recklessly at that level. There's nothing you can do about fish making bad calls.

here is what I see, the player who played Q-5 off is a number of things but anyways, when he/she hit their pair on flop most cases with a player who is in a hand after your raise and they hold Q-5 off will not let it go and chase to the river. Hope you noted this player and return the favor next time.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

That game is insane already, its the nature of the beast. Turbo, re-entry, its like a PO game on steroids.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

Survey Master
    shove allin and pray duh lol

PokerOwned Demi-God
    when you're in the cheapseats, expect a nosebleed

PokerOwned God
    It was a micro tournament and still fairly early on. He probably played his q5 thinking that you had over cards, which you did. I'm guess that he was hoping you'd fold, he ended up getting lucky by outflopping you, and by his hand holding. You're play was pretty good, you just ran into a wacky player.

All you can do is make a note about this and hope to meet him again. You did nothing wrong, he obviously did and sometimes in poker, you can play better and still lose.

I made a huge call today knowing a person was 3betting all in way too much with a K2off and I was so proud of myself when they flipped over 84off, but they hit the 4 on the river. Again, I made a good call, they made a ridiculous shove, but they got lucky.

Your opponent also got lucky.

The player that got lucky against me was the chip leader by a wide margin after that hand (in a sit n go) and was the very next person out. I'm sure that fish you played went out quickly after as well.

Better luck next time.

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    All you can do is make a note about this and hope to meet him again. You did nothing wrong, he obviously did and sometimes in poker, you can play better and still lose.

I made a huge call today knowing a person was 3betting all in way too much with a K2off and I was so proud of myself when they flipped over 84off, but they hit the 4 on the river. Again, I made a good call, they made a ridiculous shove, but they got lucky.

Your opponent also got lucky.

The player that got lucky against me was the chip leader by a wide margin after that hand (in a sit n go) and was the very next person out. I'm sure that fish you played went out quickly after as well.

Better luck next time.
    I did mark him and I did check back to see where he went out or if he was still in and he went out in the 200's, which really wasn't surprising. Thanks for the response and good luck on the felts!

PokerOwned Veteran
    I Think its a thoughf question.. So, i do not really know, sorry