Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64245.77

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced Member

Full House No Good

I'm sure we've all been there but I was wondering how everyone else sniffs out when their full house is beat by a better one.

I got stacked earlier because I was second to the nuts.

Villian Button Limps Pocket 99
    SB folds
    Hero 54 suited BB

Flop 554

Hero checks
    Villain bets
    Hero reraises

Villain Calls

Turn K

Hero Bets
    Villain Calls

River 9

Hero bets
    Villain re raises
    Hero shoves

So I am still learning the game and it might well have been a dumb play, what do you guys think?

I'd say never slow play more than one street as it isn't beneficial as far as getting value and as far as giving your opponent free cards. You can then just call their river raise possibly depending on stack sizes. Reshoving is silly against a good opponent in my opinion because there are few hands they'd call with that are worse. AK, KQ etc. would bet the turn and so would (or should) any 5 hoping you hit the K. Maybe you played it right in that regard; I don't know who you were playing against or other table dynamics.

But let's be real... It's really just a sick cooler in any case. Hard for the money not to go in unless you're both super deep stacked.
    Last edited by jasonv12; 06-04-2013 at 06:03 PM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    this was a bad beat, the chances are he not getting 9 after flop normally, i woulda played same way tbh

Seasoned Veteran
    yeah nothing you can do really

Experienced Member
    Thank you for helping me sort this one out.

PokerOwned Master
    ouch that's a tough bad beat good luck next time

Experienced Member
    That is a tough read because to put your opponent on a hand range that specific means that they are being obvious with there bets. I have never folded in that situation. I was in a micro stakes earlier and went down to the river I had 79 of hearts and the other player had AQ of hearts. The flop was 8 of hearts 10 of hearts and K of clubs, turn was nothing and the river was the Jack. I thought for sure the other player didnt have the str8 but my read was wrong and he did, I think reading a bigger boat would be very similar to this situation.

PokerOwned God
    You really just got unlucky. It was a bad beat. The way he played it, he also could've just had a 5 for three fives.

PokerOwned Pro
    Been there, done that. I've recently had a boat beat by quads. It happens. The best you can do is see where you personally went wrong, and work on correcting that in the future. Sometimes, there is nothing else you can do.

u were destined to lose that hand...with pp 9's in sb and a paired flop he wasnt going anywhere even if ud shoved on the flop however low FH's always run the risk of getting beaten cuz there are so many high cards that can essentially fuck u up and honestly would u have played that hand if u wernt in BB?
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast