Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64136.77

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Pro
    Jamie Gold, but I have to admit, his run and table talk was better than most stand-up comedy shows. If you ever watch a run of his year back to back to back when ESPN runs marathons, it is classic stuff

Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WECpoker View Post
    No wayyy either of these guys is the worst, they had to beat a ton of players to get there....My nomination for worst is Hal Fowler 1979 winner, He won 1 bracelet total, and only had 1 In the Money Cash in the WSOP
    Nothing seen yet to change my opinion here lol...although since the WSOP Win Jamie Gold has not won any other (Hendon Mob listed) significant MTT since.
    Last edited by WECpoker; 08-16-2013 at 07:46 PM.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234Gunsmoke View Post
    Is there ANY doubt that Jamie Gold wins this distinction. He has done NOTHING since winning and probably also holds the award of being the biggest asshole to ever win, too. Anyone want to disagree?
    well i post the same question 1 month ago.
    my first: varkoni
    second: moneymaker

PokerOwned Veteran
    Chris Moneymaker obv.. ever seen his play???

PokerOwned Veteran
    Doyle Brunson's answer may well be Hal Fowler.

Doyle Brunson prepares for his 38th World Series of Poker - ESPN

PokerOwned Pro
    jamie gold.. whatever happened to that guy

Elite PokerOwned Member
    yang and gold are about equal in my book

Quote Originally Posted by WECpoker View Post
    Nothing seen yet to change my opinion here lol...although since the WSOP Win Jamie Gold has not won any other (Hendon Mob listed) significant MTT since.

I dont disagree with the Hal Fowler pick, however I never ever seen him play, at least the people being named in here people have seen them play

Also anyone saying Moneymaker is just silly. He has FT'd WPT events, cashed in the HU tournament, and made deep runs elsewhere including the PCA. Every pro talks about him in high esteem (Sam Farha does not I assume)

PokerOwned Veteran
    gotta go with yang. been a long time since i watched, but i just remember him being scared money praying with his little picture but hitting everything.

haven't watched the gold episodes either in a long time but remember him playing aggressive deepstack huge field tourney poker essentially correct while also hitting everything and being a damn asshole. i also think he made quite a bit of money irl which could explain to some degree lack of subsequent playing and/or success.

edit to add: also i think i remember that a backer eventually took him to court over their proportional share of the prizepool that he stiffed them on, though i don't remember the outcome. wiki says not really a backer but a like a bodog rep or something.

also he won $12,000,000. it is insane the wsop got that big. i wonder with legal poker nationwide, sponsorship like there was, bar leagues being legal, internet satellites being paid directly to the wsop as they used to be, etc. how big it could get.
    Last edited by MeSayBeauxm; 08-17-2013 at 12:57 PM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sueco13 View Post
    well i post the same question 1 month ago.
    my first: varkoni
    second: moneymaker
    You're dead wrong on both. Moneymaker has played and cashed in several major events online at Pstars and does well in their cash games, too. He is considered by most of the pro's as a good player although perhaps he hasn't done much in most of the recent WSOP events. Robert Varkoni is an excellent player who has cashed in 3 Main Event's, as recently as 2011. He also finished 2nd to Tom McEvoy in the WSOP Tournament of Champions in 2009. He has many other interests besides poker and just chooses those interests over poker and rarely plays online.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast