Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70410.85

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

What do I do with a low pocket pair pre-flop?

Example I have pocket pair 7's guy raises 150 everyone besides me folds I re-raise 600 then he goes all in what should I do? I had 4,500 blinds 25/50

PokerOwned Veteran
    Btw he had 4,700.

Banned
    I just limp or call hoping to flop a set and if i dont i normally just check fold.

Seasoned Veteran
    foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooll llllllllllllllllldddddddddddddddddd xD

OMG that is an easy fold for me, 77 is a gamble with any 2 over cards he has

Depends on the circumstances. Things to consider:

Opponents Hands Played (VPIP %) (How active/aggressive they are)
    Your table image (what your opponent thinks of you etc.)

I would most likely fold though.
    Beliefs are the eyelids of the mind

OhDeletedOne
    Thats a fold, ur objective was to see a flop for a set. If u can't see the flop reasonably cheap then its insta fold. Once in a long while you can raise with a pp to mix it up but for most part you should be just trying to see a flop cheaply or for no more then 3x bb. Your above situation is fold, I betting your dominated big time.

OhDeletedOne
    I created a rule for myself a long time ago in online poker. The rule is, where there is one pp there is another. It has worked and has held true to me to this day. So if you get dealt a pp its more then safe to assume there is another pp in someones hole cards at your table. With 77 after your raise he reraises like that I would bet he has 1010 or above or a10 or above giving him 2 overs at least. Of course this is just based off the information you gave. I am not there seeing how he is playing. If he is playing every hand and extremely loose like that ect ect lots of variables can change how you decide to play the hand. But basic 101 poker here says fold all over it.

In your example I would fold after you reraised and he shoved puting you all in. I would have to assume he had a better pocket pair then you did. Why did you reraise to 600 in the first place with a pair of 7's. It seems like it would have been better to either fold, or shove at that point.

agree

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast