OMGitsPooffyFooffy folds
    yougotmerged77 folds
    PLAYP0K3R4F00D folds
    Uncalled bet of 2000 returned to shufle500002
    shufle500002 wins 3150 from pot
    yougotmerged77> 79.. Tough fold.
    shufle500002 rabbits (X, X)
    Community cards: (7s,Jh,9s,X,X)

Okay, so the hand starts with 2 limpers and gives me about 7 to 1 to make a call with 7 9 from the small blind. I am first to act after flopping 2 pair and I opt to check. PLAY fires a minimum bet of 500, which is raised by an aggressive player who is average at best to 2,500. BB folds and the action is on me with a 7,500 chip stack, or 15 big blinds. Pretty much an all in or fold decision as 2,500 would be 1/3 of my stack. I decide my best play is to fold because I could be behind or I could be in a race with something like J8, J 10, maybe even J8 or J 10 of spades.

Tell me what you would do and why...

I will reveal what he had when I get a few responses.

#NiggasInParis

Depends on what their stack sizes were. With the board there is alot of combinations of Pairs + Flush draw or Pairs + Straight draw that will re-raise the on that flop so if the 2500 was an all in and you had 7500 id call that. My guess is they have something like J10, possibly even suided for the flush draw too, while i wouldnt be suprised if they raised as week as QJ.

But the fact you posted the hand im guessing the actual outcome of this hand is they have a set/higher 2 pair/straight and ur posting to show ur laydown of 2 pair.

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    Depends on what their stack sizes were.
    His stack size was about 15,000, double of mine.

#NiggasInParis

PokerOwned Demi-God
    this is pretty damn close to as perfect of a flop ur lookin for when u decide to limp 79, i think u got to get it in here. im seein a FD on his part, J-rag of spades.

What type of game is it (multi table tournament/sit n go, single table sit n go, buy-in amount)? You have no other reads on this player other than "aggressive, average at best"? Has he been playing loose and seeing lots of flops or mostly folding playing a tighter style? How has he been playing hands preflop previously, has he been limping a lot or primarily being aggressive and betting/raising preflop? I don't know many "aggressive" players that limp behind preflop rather than isolate the open limper.

You really aren't giving us much info versus the villain which makes it extremely hard to analyze the hand and give input as to how we would play it. I would understand if its one of the first few hands you have played together but you haven't given us this information.

I would personally have folded the 97o pre even getting 7:1 pot odds, given it is a tournament and you only have 16bbs to start the hand. Im definitely looking to be aggressive at this point, stealing blinds from tight players while waiting to get my money in with premiums.

As played I think Im shoving here. JJ is likely to raise pre. 77 and 99 are very unlikely. J9 and J7 are possible but less likely with two 7's and two 9's already out. T8 is really the only hand to fear, that and maybe a J8ss or JTss, but that is a very small percentage of his range. I think more often your seeing all kinds of random J's, flush draws, etc.

Banned
    I think i grudge ship it all in. Knowing Im prolly up against a combo draw with a Jack of some type. Playing with the opponent and seeing how much of a donk he is he would definitely make this play with any J. I think i fuuck it get it in

PokerOwned Veteran
    A lot depends on the tournament, freeroll? I surely would. for $ 3.30 + R there because I'd give up those big tournaments it was very likely have closed a crack. Specify the tournament there.

PokerOwned Master
    This play really depends on what stack sizes they had, then I could determine how serious they were about the flop. But I think with such a dangerous flop and a good hand, I would have bet 750 oop to help me get a better idea of where the players are who play after me, hoping to get fold equity and just take down the pot there. If they re-raised or pushed, I would fold. Since you checked and saw villian re-raise, I think you made a solid fold. That is my opinion. Sinc eyou said he is aggressive and I am assuming tight.

I'm all in after the flop....ain't saying it's the right play,,,just what I'd do..
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned God
    Villain had J9 off suit. I don't know what made me fold it given he was very aggressive but I did! Thanks for the responses.

#NiggasInParis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast