Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63692.38

Experienced Member coulshrusher's Avatar

Tips for playing pot limit Omaha(fast fold-cash games)

Anyone got advice for playing PLO fast fold cash games? I seem to lose so often at this even with great starting hands. They either suckout or have a slightly better hand. Mostly suckouts though! So what hands do you advise I play I know its a good idea to keep when it's say k10HA7C as you have 2 flush possibilities. Also know pocket hands are good but only if you get the 3rd card and additionally know straights beating 3 of a kind is much more common. Anyone kind enough to tell me hands to completely avoid? I thought I was decent as I've came high up in tourneys(top 3) before but fast fold cash games are much more tricky.

Raise like all 4 cards are live....... Works well for a lot of mindless players lol

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

I always raise my hand and cbet my problem is everyone seems to chase or make terrible shove decisions like this moron who had AA(clearly thinks it's bloody holdem) and calls my shove I have set and straight draw turn and river give the idiot a flush that's all he had backdoor flush draw and AA why do people think AA on it's own so great in omaha!!
    Someone called me a donk I replied "I'm not a donk as I don't 10-2 play the Doyle Brunson"

Position is more key in Omaha than in no limit Holden for sure so watch what hands u playing when are not got position gd luck

PokerOwned Veteran
    I dont like to play omaha, its better chance to get better hands.. That sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by jervi1 View Post
    Position is more key in Omaha than in no limit Holden for sure so watch what hands u playing when are not got position gd luck
    I am inclined to agree. I've given up on it at stars far too many donks I don't think they realize speed omaha is designed so you muck the crappy hands and play the good ones. Need to find a new place to play it either that or just stick to holdem on cash games.

@ Mindzeeeugas Agree with that too it should almost be re-named holdem for dummys because the donks are more fortunate in this form of poker by a mile.
    Someone called me a donk I replied "I'm not a donk as I don't 10-2 play the Doyle Brunson"