Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62812.18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Table Image (Problem?)

So I had a spot come up today, where I switched tables right before the button on the bubble. Right away, I get dealt AQo and steal. The very next hand, I get AKo and steal again.

Now because I stole twice, I'm sure people are going to be willing to play this hand lighter against me. The next hand I get A10s which is obviously a good stealing hand from middle position, but I just stole twice in a row. So the question I asked myself is, would it make more sense to make an atypical play and just fold so people don't play back too light here? People haven't been too keen to adjust at my previous table, but this clearly seemed fishy (and it would to me if I were in the shoes of one of my opponents) that a new player randomly comes to the table on the bubble and steals 3 times in a row. I don't really want action, but I have decent equity if I do get action that isn't from a bigger ace.

What ended up happening was someone I thought was a complete nit, with 77 clearly decided I was full of it and re-jammed and I actually won the flip, but it still makes me wonder if I did the right thing.

Notes:
    -The little knowledge I had on my table was on good tight aggressive players, but they weren't behind me anyways.
    -Me and the players behind me all had around 10-15 bbs, I'm on the shorter side of that with 12 bbs going into the last steal.
    -The 3rd steal would be able a 15-16% chip up.

The question I have is that should I have not gone for a GOOD chip up situation because of my table image in this spot?
    Last edited by jasonv12; 08-10-2013 at 10:30 PM.

so close to bubble im thinking the a10s middle i would fold, but im just tight like that where did you finish in tourney?
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

I actually won, but it was just a fairly small private tournament.

sounds like all three hands shoulda been shoved pre flop
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

Quote Originally Posted by PokeYourFace View Post
    sounds like all three hands shoulda been shoved pre flop
    They were. He had me covered, thus the re-jam.
    Last edited by jasonv12; 08-10-2013 at 10:24 PM.

I think I may have actually limped and gone for a post flop steal whether I had hit the flop or not. Also, did you have position on the other player?

Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    I think I may have actually limped and gone for a post flop steal whether I had hit the flop or not. Also, did you have position on the other player?
    Yeah, I was out of position, he was the button, but a limp doesn't work for a couple reasons:
    -I'm not narrowing ranges
    -I'm giving the blinds ridiculous prices on their money
    -If someone raises behind me, I'm in an extremely awkward spot AND I am setting people behind me up for a good squeeze spot.

Limping here is a bit too passive. If I had 18-20+ bbs, maybe an argument can be made, but with 12, it's not very good.

I'd actually like this better in a PO game or a table infested with fish who will call my steal light anyways, but it's still very passive.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    Yeah, I was out of position, he was the button, but a limp doesn't work for a couple reasons:
    -I'm not narrowing ranges
    -I'm giving the blinds ridiculous prices on their money
    -If someone raises behind me, I'm in an extremely awkward spot AND I am setting people behind me up for a good squeeze spot.

Limping here is a bit too passive. If I had 18-20+ bbs, maybe an argument can be made, but with 12, it's not very good.

I'd actually like this better in a PO game or a table infested with fish who will call my steal light anyways, but it's still very passive.
    It's a relatively good hand, but position wasn't great, and the stacks are short enough that it's a no-brainer for anyone that wants to play to go ahead and shove instead of call. But I'm still working on my aggression and haven't won nearly as much money as you =).

PokerOwned Veteran
    I think what you did was fine didnt really make a mistake but your right about that table image for sure, I hate getting switched tables

it makes no difference..its just a matter of luck in the end....poker isnt a serious discussable thing like quantic phisics......lmao......

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast