Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70074.43

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Pocket jjs all in or fold?

Yesterday I was playing a 45 seat sng.I was @ the final table sitting with 16k in 1st place.I was in the bb and woke up with pocket jjs.Everyone folded around and the sb sitting with 13k moved all in.I thought it out figured I probably did have the best hand but decided most likely I would be in a race situation and decided to fold.I didnt want to risk almost all of my stack that late in the tourny.I had just transferred to the ft and I didnt know this player and if he was just moving on the pot.The blinds were 400 800.I showed my jjs and the whole table thought I made a bad decision and that I should have called.I was getting donk faces from everyone.Just wanted to see what you guys thought and to get some feedback.I finished second and I lost to that same player that I was up against with the jjs.I asked him what he had when we were hu but he would not tell me.I regreted not calling.

PokerOwned Veteran
    sb went all-in? JJ can be very vulnerable in that situation. How easily a flop with an A,K or Q could crush you. Besides that, your hand might already be beat if the small blind went all-in and only had a fewer chips than you. You could take a chance that you have the best hand, but I like your fold in that situation - wait until you get a hand that YOU feel good about pushing all-in. You weren't the donk there.

PokerOwned Master
    very good fold,but i have to say in the battle of blinds or even blinds and dealer seat,lot of people get super aggressive just to win that blind,u see lots of crazy betting if everyone else folds,most of the time means they are just week,but some time they have hands,in my play 80 percent of time they ready to fold to a 3 bet,but 20 percent of time they have good hands.
    but you made a good decision in the beggining of the final table to fold,cuase we all know the money is on the top 3 places and u already there i think
    nice job man

PokerOwned Veteran
    JJ is a good hand. You can go all in. That's my opinion.

Truedizzle, I think it's pretty much a 50/50 to go all in or fold. I think you made the right choice since you finisned 2nd in the tournament. All in pre flop in that spot at the final table and probably a race it's up to you to go all in or fold. I think you made a good choice. Good job on the 2nd place.

you got 2nd right? than i believe you made a good fold. I think you were ahead with JJ just a gut fell. but with a full ft you dont want to be one of the first ones out. Besides you sent a message to other players- I only play the nuts/very strong hands - you probally got a lot folds to your raises.

PokerOwned Veteran
    pocket jj always busts with me not kewl damit

Elite PokerOwned Member Bastian2607's Avatar
    On Pokerstars JJ is a 100% Fold Preflop....hate that Hand on Stars

PokerOwned Demi-God
    How many players were left at that point was this a final table of 10 or 6? If it was a 9 or 10 handed table, its a good fold. If there were only 6 of you guys left, you should prolly call. If there are a lot of players with 10bbs or less, you dont need to risk the majority of your stack. You can still be patient and have the other small stacks kill each other off.

But i dont think this is a race situation a lot of the times. He could easily have AJ, A10, plus 10s, 9s 8s and maybe a few more worse pairs since he's relatively short and try to chip up. He knows you arent going to risk most of your chips and will prolly shove really small pairs since thats essentially the same as shoving with 10s. He expects you to call with AA, KK, QQ, AK, and possibly JJ, 1010, and AQ. Thats not a lot of hands...

Elite PokerOwned Member
    ^ i agree, and JJ would of been a easy decision for me to call.. because i feel it wont be a race alot of the times etheir , and im certainly not domiated.

but trudizzle i seen you been tearing up the tournaments lately, and even tough i don't agree with the fold you been showing great patience, and discipline to pick your spots.. thats a great trait to be successful in tournaments congrats on your 2nd place finisih

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast