Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64492.32

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I would shove at that point he called the whole way down chances are he would call your all in paying you off. I would be willing to take that chance even though he could have flopped a straight.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by confused247 View Post
    I think I would value bet after the river. I could see his hand range being AJ, A10, KQ, 10s, or maybe a smaller pocket pair. If he flopped a straight or a set I would expect to see a reraise.
    why would the guy reraise if he had a straight? the only straight on the flop is KJ - the nuts and he he has position with someone betting large into him. if i did flop the nuts - i would be just flatting too letting the guy hang himself.

and if he caught a set on the flop, then he filled up on the river.

shoving really only destroys the value of the hand turing into a bluff. Top two has good showdown value and you would want to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.
    Last edited by joefine; 05-03-2012 at 12:12 PM.

if ur stack is higher bet more than half of his stack... but ur chips r lower... must go all-in

Quote Originally Posted by joefine View Post
    why would the guy reraise if he had a straight? the only straight on the flop is KJ - the nuts and he he has position with someone betting large into him. if i did flop the nuts - i would be just flatting too letting the guy hang himself.

shoving really only destroys the value of the hand turing into a bluff. Top two has good showdown value and you would want to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.
    I meant shove on the river to get the maximum amount possible and knock him out after all that's the point of a sng to be the last one standing.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by StephyMarieC View Post
    I meant shove on the river to get the maximum amount possible and knock him out after all that's the point of a sng to be the last one standing.
    agreed. but it's a tourny and the blinds are only 10/20 which means it's probably level 1. if it's rebuy and you're willing to reinvest go ahead and shove but again you are really only getting called by a better hand in that spot. you only have the 10th best hand on that board. don't see the value in shoving that spot but like i said many times before - i am a super nit.
    Last edited by joefine; 05-03-2012 at 12:39 PM.

agreed. but it's a tourny and the blinds are only 10/20 which means it's probably level 1. if it's rebuy and you're willing to reinvest go ahead and shove but again you are really only getting called by a better hand in that spot. you only have the 8th best hand on that board. don't see the value in shoving that spot but like i said many times before - i am a super nit.
    I'm also a very tight player but in this particular situation this guy was not going to fold his AQ, he already had alot invested in the pot and he believed he had the best hand so I would shove on the river hoping to get paid off. I'm not saying I would have played the hand the same as him at all but the way he described it that would have been my decision.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. What I meant was; if he flopped a straight or a set I would expect to see a reraise on the river following your value bet. I think a value bet here is a +EV play.
    Last edited by confused247; 05-03-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Except that if he is pot committed he should better give all in :P

Quote Originally Posted by confused247 View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. What I meant was; if he flopped a straight or a set I would expect to see a reraise on the river following your value bet. I think a value bet here is a +EV play.
    A value bet where? on the river i agree you were commited why wouldn't you just shove to get the most out of it? Either you can take the pot right then and there or if he calls you can double up and knock him out you obviously felt like you had him beat anyway.

Is always better to be more agressive having that cards.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast