Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64179.02

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OverPlaying AK

Elite PokerOwned Member RWPFhero's Avatar

OverPlaying AK

Ah... Over Playing AK seems to be my kryptonite. Last night AK(s) ran into KK. Any suggestions?

you just cant get afraid to play AK hard, even tho its still a drawing hand. Its just bad luck when it runs into AA or KK lol
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Just remember 22>AK.
    I do not consider it an all in PF hand unless if you are short ( I know others will disagree, I see some all in with any suited ace), I would raise to isolate and see the flop, but am prepared to lay it down if I miss and my C bet gets called/raised..

PokerOwned Veteran
    Depending on how many bb you had it may have just been a unfortunate situation

Quote Originally Posted by PooffyFooffy View Post
    Just remember 22>AK.
    I do not consider it an all in PF hand unless if you are short ( I know others will disagree, I see some all in with any suited ace), I would raise to isolate and see the flop, but am prepared to lay it down if I miss and my C bet gets called/raised..
    I know statistically Ak vrs 22 is a coin flip but it really isnt as close as odds make it appear. Ak is ranked 8 hands better then 22, you can look at it anyways u want but ak is 8 hands better...with 22 thru to upper middle pairs u have to hit to win. Theres no way to call anything after a higher card hits the flop(unless ur live and have a helluva read) and odds are higher cards will hit the flop. I know some will disagree but.... look at a hand rank guide.
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by RaiseWinPotFold View Post
    Ah... Over Playing AK seems to be my kryptonite. Last night AK(s) ran into KK. Any suggestions?
    LOL, I see so many players shove their entire stack when they get A-K, even more when they get A-K of spades. I actually don't even raise when I get A-K, I just flat call and see what happens on the flop

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Quote Originally Posted by PooffyFooffy View Post
    Just remember 22>AK.
    I didn't think you played A-K

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Elite PokerOwned Member dipstick2's Avatar
    ppl overplay them like they are god,especially in plo games
    win if yu can but always play fair

i was at your table when that happened to you.. and there is no such thing as overplaying ak ! ! !
    CK

Banned
    AK is not all that great of a hand post flop. It is a hand I use to 3 or 4 bet ppl with preflop in the hopes of picking up the blinds and extra pot. I never want to go on after preflop if i can stop it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast