Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62075.67

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Master

Learn what a bad beat is

Its time for a lot of you to learn wht a bad beat is. Its when someone hits a 4 outer or less after the money is in. Its not when you gamble pre flop with a j and someone calls you with 44. Stop blaming bad beats for your non success. Bad beats are a part of the game , and if you dont understand that , maybe you shouldnt play. Thats like me complaing about chess, that the other guy always takes my queen. This dumb game, he always takes my queen. How dumb does that sound. Critique your play and figure out why the so called bad beat happened. Maybe you didnt isolate enough players. Maybe you let a guy see a cheap turn and river. If you check down your tips to the river and the guy makes runner runner flush or straight, thats your fault and its not a bad beat. We are all trying to get better. What good does it do to blame your not winning on bad beats. Do any pros talk like that. So at what point do you get better. Or do you just keep lying down and sucking?

Banned
    Very good post and I agree with everything you said.

PokerOwned God
    It was a good post. Really though I don't think most people tell beat beat stories with the intention of learning. It's more of a coping mechanism and an ego stroking thing.

Most of the stories are not bad beat stories, they are beat bad stories.

Corporal
    Yes, AJ vs 44 is not a bad beat, it's a race to see who does win the hand. The pair being a slight favorite. If you are the favorite then bad luck you didn't win the race.

Although I do not get the example of complaining about Chess. Especially as Chess is an open game. Both players see everything and can figure out what they are doing and the opponent is doing. In poker you have, a closed game, incomplete information as you can not see all of your opponents cards.

I dont even think 4 outs is a bad beat all in pre flop. Sure its annoying and i might say something along the lines of "Damn donk hit a 2 outer on me" but having say KK and losing to A rag or a lower pair all in pre flop is pretty standard and happens to much to be considered a bad beat. Some people need to learn that AK or AQ or any Ace with paint is not the nuts and can easily lose to any hand.

Another thing is when you have AA and someone sees the flop with you and its all rags, when he re raises/shoves your AA might not be good and if you call and he has hit a set or 2 pair or even a straight. That is not a bad beat as you are the one who put most of your money in behind. Sure if you river your A it could be considered justice but that Ace is the actual bad beat of the hand.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Actually AJ vs 44 can be considered a bad beat if the flop is A4J turn A/J or river A/J....lol

"In poker, bad beat is a subjective term for a hand in which a player with what appear to be strong cards nevertheless loses. It most often occurs where one player bets the clearly stronger hand and their opponent makes a poor call that eventually "hits" and wins. There is no consensus among poker players as to what exactly constitutes a bad beat and often players will disagree about whether a particular hand was a bad beat."
    Last edited by JBrazon; 08-02-2011 at 08:08 PM.

PokerOwned Pro
    Going allin against jb is what i consider a bad beat before seeing any cards loool!!!!!!!!!!!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Good one kaos....lol

PokerOwned Pro
    hehehehehehehehehehhehehehe u know this is just a joke mate!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast