Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64455.98

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran PursuitofPlay's Avatar

How often do you limp with rags in the SB?

I'm of the opinion that the chips you save are as important as the chips you win. So if I'm in the small blind and look down at 47, I usually hang it up right there. Not to mention I'm going to be under the gun right after if I call or that rare raise from the BB. I was kicking myself yesterday when I did this with 76 and the flop came 776, but how often does that happen? So do you guys like to go ahead and take half price for a desperate reach at a hand, or do you opt to save the chips and wait for the button?

I like to wait. But it also depends on how deep I am in a tourney and what type of size I have. I have limped in 97 or a hand like 47 and flopped a set or two pair and gained a lot of chips. In the early or middle stages with an average stack or less I let go of most of my hands from both blinds.

PokerOwned Master
    Whenever I have 50X BB or more, I will usually limp in with middle ranked hands, with 100X BB or more, I pretty much limp it with anything, just for that occasionnal lucky flop, which can sometimes gain you lots of easy chips.

PokerOwned Master
    I will limp in with it if there are enough players in the pot already or even if it is just heads up with BB. It does depend on when in tourney it is and who I am playing. You have to mix it up and play those hands sometimes. I also pay attention to what the board was last hand too cause that has some influence. The RCG's don't repeat themselves as much as they do in live games.

im calling 65% of the time that accounts for being priced in & chips stacks etc
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

PokerOwned Veteran
    few things to consider when limping sb:

a) will bb allow u to limp?
    b) r there already limpers?
    c) r u planning a limp stab.. limp jam?
    d)what if bb raises your limp.. do u have a plan?
    e) raising is usually better cause u give your opponent a 3rd way to make a mistake
    f) is jamming better (unexploitable)?

Experienced Member
    seems to relly depend on the situation and the players you are playing with at your tabel.

for me limping with rags in SB is going to get me busted every time, 1. I am a mod so I always have a target 2. most of the time in a Free Roll ( and other games) the BB is almost always gonna call a limp raise to them.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned God
    It depends. If there are no antes and it's just me and the bb, I'd probably fold, but if there are other limpers then just call. Also, knowing your bb helps. For example, if the bb is the kind of player to constantly raise and bully limpers, it's best to just fold.

PokerOwned God
    i limp with rag aces but fold if there is a big raise - unless if get a feeling and many times i do -

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast