Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71125.27

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how much and how often to raise the blinds?

Not sure how to label this, but if you were playing a friendly poker game with a single $20 buy in (and then you play until one person is left and they get all the money), how many chips would you give to each player, what would be the big and little blinds, and how much and how often would you raise them?
    Our games seem to go on forever, until we start really jacking the blinds, and then they're over too quick.

depends on how many players playing, how serious the play is. Is there drinking involved. There are a lot of factors to weigh when deciding these things.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    depends on how many players playing, how serious the play is. Is there drinking involved. There are a lot of factors to weigh when deciding these things.
    Let's say there are 8 guys and yes there is drinking. The point is to have a friendly game with the guys from work and to relax and have fun (and for one lucky person to win 8x$20=$160, as well as the admiration and respect of his fellow workers ). I'd like the game to last 2 or 3 hours, but not a lot more. So how many chips should one start with, and what blind levels and when?
    PS. I realize it depends on what kind of cards people are getting and if any of the players are a bit crazy, but assume average hands and average (not drunk) players.
    Last edited by KingBluff; 02-20-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking start with 2000 chips, 25/50 blinds, and have 20 min levels with the blinds doubling. That should last about how long you're wanting.

PokerOwned Master
    it also depends on how the guys are playing just had a round all the guys gone crazy and only lastet less than half an hour ^^ 40 bucks winning for me, 5 bucks was buy inn

Elite PokerOwned Member
    also depends on your style of play whether tourny or cash etc etc

PokerOwned Veteran
    depends on how much money you have whats your style of play and whats the playing style of your opponents

Elite PokerOwned Member
    yeah there are alot of variables to consider

Elite PokerOwned Member
    2000 chips and raise blinds every 10 minutes

PokerOwned Veteran
    2k chips, 10 min levels starting at 20/40. Given the boozin' and the casual nature of the game, that should allow for plenty of action and a game that doesn't drag on as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast