Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64245.77

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PooffyFooffy View Post
    I think with less than 10 BBs A 10s is shoveable there. You don't have much time before your stack gets to the point where even if you pick up a painted pair, you will get called.
    Hmm interesting, I expected the opposite stance from you. How much narrower do you think my shoves should be since I'm first to act? 7 players behind me is pretty scary..

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceatl View Post
    2.5x it, then if you get raised by a loose player snap call, a tight player then you could call or fold. If everyone flats your preflop raise and you see a flop, shove with any pair or draw. If you whiff folding is okay.
    Don't have enough chips for that. If I give up 2.5x, most of my flexibility is gone anyways.

PokerOwned Master
    its a fold, simply because in PO tournaments the antes take a long time to come into play and once they do they are very small. not enough help to your stack by shoving

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    Hmm interesting, I expected the opposite stance from you. How much narrower do you think my shoves should be since I'm first to act? 7 players behind me is pretty scary..
    I am no expert by any means and yes with the 7 players behind you its not the greatest spot, but there are only 8 at the table and the blinds are going to be hitting you faster. I often have waited or folded in that position, but then find myself down to 5bbs and then you are getting called no matter what you are holding. I just think with the 8bbs, and the bubble nearing, if 12bbs is the average, then they are putting their tournament life on the line calling you and alot don't like to do that around the bubble. I would make or break my game there.

I would like to add, I would not call with it in this position, or shove it if it was raised before me.
    Last edited by Poof; 03-21-2014 at 07:52 PM.

PokerOwned Master
    I would shove with the A10 suited. You have to give yourself a shot at winning the hand or even collecting the blinds at that stage.

PokerOwned Master
    i'm prob open shoving a10ss easy. seems awful to fold considering the blinds raise quick so you can't really wait on a better spot to shove.

if u want to win the tourney u need to collect all the chips, and folding/blinding your way down to 3bbs does not sound like a great idea. i rather put myself in position in cashing in the top 3 than cashing small.
    Last edited by lorenz0wns; 03-21-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenz0wns View Post
    i'm prob open shoving a10ss easy. seems awful to fold considering the blinds raise quick so you can't really wait on a better spot to shove.

if u want to win the tourney u need to collect all the chips, and folding/blinding your way down to 3bbs does not sound like a great idea. i rather put myself in position in cashing in the top 3 than cashing small.

Heres where i differ then most here. Id rather small cash then no cash at all. I have more cashes then most per games and would rather have many small cashes then gamble to win the turny before the final two. granted i dont have ALOT of wins but to me a cash is better then playing all that tiome just to bust before the bubble and i have been the shortest stack many of times and came back to win or cash. Its never over til its over, In order to win it you must first be in it and if you aint in it you cant win it..
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

That is really tough to fold, Since blinds are about to hit you as well including antes. if you don't pick something better up in he blinds now your down to a little over 5BB. I would shove, It looks like you really lite shoving in first position because the blinds are about to hit you. You may get called with K high or a small pair, I would rather race in that spot then continue to dwindle

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abwil2 View Post
    Heres where i differ then most here. Id rather small cash then no cash at all. I have more cashes then most per games and would rather have many small cashes then gamble to win the turny before the final two. granted i dont have ALOT of wins but to me a cash is better then playing all that tiome just to bust before the bubble and i have been the shortest stack many of times and came back to win or cash. Its never over til its over, In order to win it you must first be in it and if you aint in it you cant win it..
    shieet partner, to each his own. i personally rather put myself in gambling spots in this tourney if I have a gambling stack.

EddieTorr
    I agree with those who say shove. Time is running short.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast