Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64282.12

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Master
    would have folded too but i'm a super nit. guess you'd have to ask yourself what is he calling with and how the heck did that flop help him? i would put him on a medium pp that he's trying to protect from over cards coming on the turn or river or some kind of straight draw...

Banned
    He would any pocket pair he could have a/x and hit flop but If i was trying to make up a excuse to call it would be he has two face cards but nothing that beats a/x. 10/k 10/q etc

Shove preflop. Regardless if a min raise is normally sufficient in that tourney, Investing 33% of you stack preflop with just A8 is a recipe for disaster as BB and to a lesser extent SB are going to come along with marginal hands more often than not, most of which probly play better than A8.

At this point the pot is the same size as ur stack, so ur only option is shove and hope for the best because hes folding with any pair or pockets and possibly an A with better kicker.

By not shoving preflop you got yourself into a bad spot here.

Current B2B Champ!
    thank you for the responses heres what happened:
    i thought long and hard under the time bank. i couldnt understand how that flop helped him. i thought he either missed or was trying to protect like 55. i felt like any pair above a 7 he would have 3 bet me all in preflop. worst case in my head i had 2 overcards, and best case my hand was still good. i ended up calling and he showed J10. my hand held up and i went on to get 4th.
    interesting sidenote: 4 handed were all pretty short and the sb moves in on me and i have A10 CLUBS. i called and he showed A2. the flop came 987 W/ 2 CLUBS! i go on to chop the pot with turn 10 river jack!.
    not only would i have moved up 1,000 but i would have been the chip leader. as it was we chopped and i remained short, went on to get it all in with QJ suited vs KK ...

PokerOwned God
    I did in fact decide that you were ahead after his shove before I read what you just posted , he figured the flop didn't help you and you would fold. Personally I would of went all in preflop and then I wouldn't have that difficult decision to make on the flop , but I still would of called as you did , nice job.

#NiggasInParis

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i would have folded its hard to play when there is a lot of money on the line

PokerOwned Veteren
    6.5 bb standard fold or all in then you don't have to make a decision there!

Current B2B Champ!
    easy to say until u put urself in that situation at the final table, playing for $10,000 the last thing u wanna do is go broke with A8. assuming you do go broke with A8 all ur going to be thinking for the next year is could i have waited for a better spot! and it was also an interesting spot because there were other short stacks as well, if i was by far on the shortstack and every1 else had tons of chips then sure its an easy shove but with others close to me in chips i didnt wanna go broke with A8, i would have preferred to move up a few spots and make some money before going broke. this was a long time ago as well, i think 2004, so im a much different player today then i was then.

PokerOwned God
    I would have waited. Sounds like he flopped a big flind special. No way I am going out like that.

Seasoned Veteran
    he couldnt have a better hand than u preflop and the flop so useless for a hit.So ur decision was right of course. But i would go all in preflop with that hand now i am thinking and learning that what u did was right.U even take time to think when u have 4blinds to call thats poker which i havent gotten yet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast