Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64468.26

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran
    this hand simply is a cooler.......you play 4c5c preflop like the best thing your hoping for is a flop like what you received. You flopped a straight with an open ended straight flush draw which is GIN because even if somehow you are behind by flopping the low straight you still have 9 outs twice if all of the clubs are still in the deck. The fact that you missed your 9 outs twice in this hand and that you flopped the low straight and your opponent flopped the high straight simply is a cooler. I wouldnt have played the hand any different than you did. The only thing that you could argue to be done differently is just simply fold 45cc preflop and not even bother playing it. However as played by choosing to see a flop with 45cc when you flop that straight with an openended straight flush draw the rest becomes standard and its unfortunate you missed your 9 outs twice. Simply put that hand is a cooler and there is absolutely nothing you could do to get away from the hand once that flop comes. Folding on the flop is the WORST possible move you could ever make there because at 1/2 live nl most players will be 4x reraising your flop bet with alot of two pairs or sets so anyone trying to make the arguement that when your villian raises your 15 dollar bet up to 60 dollars that you should fold knowing you have a made hand already and even if under the slimmest of scenarios you are beat and your flopped straight is no good like i said you still have 9 outs twice. NEVER fold this hand on the flop EVER especially taking into consideration you are playing 1/2 live NL. Tough hand.....cooler....GG

I read in one of the poker books to "never play/chase the dumb end of a straight hard", think it was Doyle(very aggressive) not sure
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger1666 View Post
    This hand has been haunting me for months-- i was in the big blind with 4c 5c... one limper... small blind folded... the player was pretty tight and fairly aggressive. I check.. the flop comes 6c 7c 8d. I raise it up big (15$) (this was live play - 1 dollar 2 dollar)to avoid any potential boat/high flush draws despite my straight flush draw. He raises me up to 60$ and i push with about 130 in the whole with what i thought was the best hand... he calls with 10h9d. I don't catch my flush and my soul is crushed... i was on tilt so i left. Could i have gotten out of this situation.. i must have done something wrong here i feel... or is this just bad luck?? Please advice.. thank you for your time.
    Don't dwell on hands for more than a day or two at most, poker just ain't that critical in life.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    If he limped in he had a marginal connecting hand...

Depends if the players at the table go for coin flips or like to limp in wait for a moster vs. monster hand.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

You could always raise preflop if he is limping hands marginally, but as far as the rest of this, it's a cooler and while I'm not crazy with how you played it, I don't think you could ever get away there.

simply bad luck... shit like that happens.. but RARELY... so dont sweat it... just another cooler...

nothign you can do but suck it up and move on to the next one.... poker is a long term game...

there will be times you do it to others... and im sure u wont remember those times...

over time shit like that will hurt less and less.. cuz you get used to it and realize its part of the game....

on on to the next one....
    "Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you will get the results" -Oscar Wilde

MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

PokerOwned Veteran
    Sometimes there are situations where you lose big but you couldn't have made a better play to get out of it. It just happens. The best thing to do is just move on but remember this for next time

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yeah hard to day there. it happens. it's poker. thk i would have did the same move in my book.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yea no matter how well you play, you aways coem across that crazy hand!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Seems you're playing and betting heavy when you should have been already folded.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast