Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64045.23

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cash game tips?

PokerOwned Veteran
    Thanks guys. Yes I'm playing micro games, so I guess I'm just going to try a very tight and patient game because as you say these guys go all in with every possible hand, unbelievable. However thanks a lot everyone.

Experienced Member
    The thing to keep in mind and take advantage of is that you can hunt down a table at the stakes you want, with the action you want, and you can study a table before ever committing to sit down. It's worth the time investment to find a table with some weak or loose players and to study habits when at a cash game. And, if it's not what you thought it was, get up and leave.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Always remember: A-little wins small hands and loses big hands.

Play conservative. Tight play without much bluffing (c-bet bluffing and some semi-bluffs when you have quite a few outs is OK) has been working fine for me at the micros.

Experienced Member
    if you are any good, play with 20 to 30 buyins would be enough... i often get in the money about 1/4 of the time at the level i play in

PokerOwned Pro
    i believe that in cah games you have to play slow and only when you have good hand like AA or KK

For goodness sakes, buy Doyle Brunsons "super system" and or "super system 2"; He made a lot of moola, but keep in mind you really should start at the pennies level. This is the real nose bleed level, becasue there will be a lot more people thinking "it's only xx cents" instead of "I'm not really getting the right pot odds". If you can show a consistant win rate at the lower stakes, then you ar ready to move on. It's way more math in a cash game, where losing is acually acceptable sometimes. That's right-being a donk sometimes can pay off over time. If the odds are xx, and u lose in this situation xx times, you can actually make money by losing becasue the yy number of times you win will more than cover it....lots of this kind of stuff are how many play, so what you think is a donkey is actually someone who knows if they dont make it 6 times, they will make it 8 times, and therefore show a profit. Good Luck. And for goodness sakes, dont start with 1k, YOU WILL LOOSE IT. Who said that? Are they insane, Or would they love to have you at a table?

Quote Originally Posted by welgeja View Post
    Play conservative. Tight play without much bluffing (c-bet bluffing and some semi-bluffs when you have quite a few outs is OK) has been working fine for me at the micros.
    You need to mix it up a lot, too. A2, 34s, 46o, etc. These hands, when raised UTG or in response to an initial bet on the pot, can pay off huge.

Experienced Member
    Just play the way you want, dont go agressive if you aren't. Just don't overplay

PokerOwned Demi-God
    here's the easiest advise that has been around for generations... be aggressive when the table is conservative and be conservative when the table it aggressive... good luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast