Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63591.03

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned God
    A lot depends on how the cards have been running for me and how big my bank roll is at the time, but I think most likely I shove all in at that point.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    $160 more to call. might as well see the board.

Private
    So many variables to be considered here. How much you are up or down, how much it will cost you on the turn or river, how healthy your bankroll is, how long you have been sitting at the table winning or losing, your stack compared to your opponents stacks, if your girlfriend isn't mad at you, if you have been eating healthy meals, if you worked out that day etc... I believe that 99% of live poker situations are unique. There's never two situations that are the same. So it's very hard to even make an opinion on what to do in this particular situation. So many variables that aren't accounted for. Anyway...personally? I fold to the $65 post-flop bet or raise $180-$220 on top of the $65 and truly commit yourself regardless of any persons actions thereafter. BOOM!

Elite PokerOwned Member CoolJakeB's Avatar
    In that situation I would fold because there is always the possibility that you are up against a set or a higher flush draw. You don't want to commit your entire stack with an inferior flush draw and just a gutshot straight draw.

Private
    depends on ur style of play, a smooth call for me here is to weak and if some1s drawing to a higher flush and some1 else has overpair or AQ

Corporal
    Sorry it's taken a while to respond to the thread. Had laptop issues @ home and been actually working midday, lol. But, I chose to raise to $405 as I figured I was up against a set, if not 2, thought that my equity was decent. If the tight guy was to have AQ and testing the strength of his hand, thought the way the action went, it makes me look ridiculously strong and he would fold a bottom set in that case. He was known to be that tight... I also felt that if I could isolate against another set, such as 66, that's another 33% equity I gain for my hand, granted I commit a fold. Never did I feel that my flush draw wasn't live in either case and knew that 9/10 the tight guy was folding here. I also thought that it would force a shove to commit from the shorter of the two stacks and identify the asian's range more than I already figured it to be. In either case, the raise does effectively give me odds now to call either way and I'm essentially flipping for a live gutter and my flush outs, which I was ok with.

Corporal
    What's to say of this reasoning? If I don't mind the gamble or money aside, the play given the situation... Is it justifiable? Well-thought? Just dumb?
    I'd like opinions next on the play I made and then I'll reveal the result of the hand as well...

PokerOwned Master
    This is tournement.. .what this ?

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyShoreFan View Post
    What's to say of this reasoning? If I don't mind the gamble or money aside, the play given the situation... Is it justifiable? Well-thought? Just dumb?
    I'd like opinions next on the play I made and then I'll reveal the result of the hand as well...
    Sounds like a feasible squeeze play here...If the tight player is as tight as you say he is where he would lay down bottom set, etc then its not a bad play...I don't think the Asian is on a set though....We know the Tight player doesn't have top set, if he does have a pair of queens then he's looking at AQ or KQs(at worst)...I don't think he would raise with anything lower...The reason I don't put the tight player on set of queens is because these type of players would have re-raised the pot pre with pocket queens...At a 2/5 table $15pre is a fairly cheap and is just above limping into the hand...Tight players will re-raise in this situation to make money off of their big pocket pairs

Back to the Asian, it is possible that he could also have a set, This scenario just feels like he's on a draw to me (57, 23, even 46..or on the flush, which I feel if he is on the flush draw and is holding the A or KD i doubt he will fold here)...If he makes your call after the tight player folds then he is a complete moron and his move in this situation should be to shove back at you or to fold..since this will leave his chip stack significantly low
    Last edited by gsxr5221; 09-21-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    He (the Asian) has top-pair. Top-pairing is the lust/vice of tight players and that what makes poker so fun...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast