Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71298

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can making mistakes help your table image?

This came up at a recent MTT tourney I was playing in. I had raised a few pots in a row and got dealt A-T in the cutoff. I hadn't had to show down any of my previous hands that I raised with either.

I raise 3x BB and the BB re-raised me. Ordinarily I would have folded but I decided to call. For some reason we check it down and I lose to BB's AK.

Then something strange happened a few hands later. I'm on the button and have 7-7 and raise it 3x BB and the BB calls. Flop comes K-T-7 and it all goes in on the flop and my hand holds up. The BB says, "now he wakes up with a hand". BB showed A-T, btw.

So here he is thinking I am a complete noob 'cause I called a re-raise with A-T and couldn't give me credit for a real hand. I ask again, can making and showing mistakes help you table image later ?

Hairless-Nut
    If you win with a bluff, show your hand. You will see how many caller you will get. That the best way to trap the other players. I'm not saying do it all the time, but give them a fish image.

Private
    If you win with a bluff, show your hand. You will see how many caller you will get. That the best way to trap the other players. I'm not saying do it all the time, but give them a fish image. i think this is true also

Zab
    Absolutely show your hand if you win on a bluff. It will give you a looser table image.. Especially if you can do it early
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Private
    I agree, one time I won with a 27 and showed it, next hand I got rockets. 5 people called my all-in and I won .

Corporal
    It all depends on what you want your table image to be whether it helps it or not is personal preference.

If you show down a bad hand a lose a pot people will be less inclined to fold to any raise you make so you will not be able to get them off middle pairs with a good kicker simply because you showed down a few bad hands at the lower stakes anyway, so the best thing to do is tighten up wait for a spot and capitalize their mistake.

If you wanted to have a tight image if you were an average stack at you table in order to steal blinds profitably, that image is gone so now you have lost some fold equity to stubborn players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobruto View Post
    I agree, one time I won with a 27 and showed it, next hand I got rockets. 5 people called my all-in and I won .
    That is EXACTLY why you show bluffs. I always say stuff like "Ace high wins" people feel like they HAVE to show me they had a bigger hand than that (live anyways)

I like showing off a nice buff every once in a while.

I like to get players tilty.

PokerOwned Veteran
    always show your hand when you win with a bluff.they will tag you as abluffer this way you will get alot of calls from call stations and donks when you have quality hands.

As long as you show your mistake it can help you without a doubt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast