Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70699.93

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Private

BUilding a bank roll

I'm trying to build a bigger bank roll so how should i do it start with dollar tournaments and try to make it to the top nine go to 10c 20c ring games and try my luck or just play dollar two dollar and hope to get lucky?

Knight
    Quote Originally Posted by dereksnap View Post
    I'm trying to build a bigger bank roll so how should i do it start with dollar tournaments and try to make it to the top nine go to 10c 20c ring games and try my luck or just play dollar two dollar and hope to get lucky?
    Chris Ferguson wrote a pretty good guide on bankroll management. His 3 main rules are

"I'll never buy into a cash game or a Sit & Go with more than 5 percent of my total bankroll (there is an exception for the lowest limits: I'm allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in of $2.50 or less).
    I won't buy into a multi-table tournament for more than 2 percent of my total bankroll and I'm allowed to buy into any multi-table tournament that costs $1.
    If at any time during a No-Limit or Pot-Limit cash-game session the money on the table represents more than 10 percent of my total bankroll, I must leave the game when the blinds reach me."

Hope that helps

Private
    I would say first of all, think what you like to play best, Cash Games, Or Tournament, and decide wich one.
    And then you should study MTTs or SitNgoes before you start playin, This site have really helped my trough my games, ; http://www.pokerstrategy.com/uQSM0X
    Everybody have 50$ free there to for a starting capital, you only need 2 answer a quiz, and you decide wich room you wanna play on, you will have the money within 1day!

Hope it helps.

Knight
    sitngoes are probably the safest choice to build a bankroll,it will be slow but they are softer than cash games.for the bankroll managment,you shouldnt play with less than 2000-2500 big blinds.

Experienced Member
    you must play according to their own fund cash usually win more than 5% x

"I won't buy into a multi-table tournament for more than 2 percent of my total bankroll and I'm allowed to buy into any multi-table tournament that costs $1." is most important rule!

pokerstrategy.com looks good except USA residents cannot register.

for me, what seems to work is micro stakes cash games & dollar 9-player tourneys. with the cash games, i buy in with the minimum 40 cents & cash out once ive doubled my stack, then repeat. the important thing is to leave the table once ur up a buck 20 - if i stay after that, i tend to play back my winnings.

on the buck tourneys, a lot of ppl are playing multiple tables & arent paying that much attention, so its pretty easy to come in top 3 imo.

Private
    chris fergussons video is very good for bankroll build i followed it but its hard to stay on the limit that you can play for me but i think ist a very good strategy for beginners

Private
    hey guys what do oyu think is it a good strategy if i start with 1.2 turbo sit and go on ftp 9 people?

Banned
    I will win money, think what you like to play best, Cash Games, Or Tournament, and decide wich one

Note :Please use a translator before you post.Some users may have not understand what are you saying
    Last edited by kenzor; 01-13-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast