Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64136.77

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran PursuitofPlay's Avatar

Unheard of possible new features for RebelPoker

This is an email I wrote to the General Manager/Pitboss of RebelPoker in reply to a couple ideas he asked my opinion about. Namely they are thinking of closing public registrations and making rebelpoker.com invitation only, and they have already started with implementing bitcoin exchanges.

Mr. Gibson,

I think both the ideas for bitcoin exchange and invitation only players are exciting, bold ideas.

Firstly player invitations. You exist to make a profit, and more players equals more rake and tournament fees. This is why the player invitation idea isn't shared by almost every other poker provider I've ever seen. Having said that, a very big complaint I hear about many sites are the "donks" we are forced to play with. People who make intentionally bad plays and disrupt the flow of the game. Player selection to those who are serious about the game would greatly decrease this. Also invitation only has the power to give a feeling of exclusivity and create demand. It would be a choice towards quality gaming over bottom line. With that said, I think it would be very important to market that it's invitation only and put an emphasis on the prestige and exclusivity of being invited should you choose to do so. Implementing this would get a big thumbs up from me.

Secondly the bitcoin. This also is an idea that isn't shared by any other poker provider I've seen. I think this is because bitcoin currency is still widely a mystery to many. Also the bitcoin market is extremely volatile, but I believe now that it is established as an accepted currency and gained popularity in addition to being traded by financial firms, the worst is behind us in this department. Now to the benefits. Bitcoin is not considered a fiat currency, laws governing the free exchange and transaction of digital currency is in it's infancy at best. This could be a fantastic way to ensure player deposits and withdrawals, potentially even permanently given the anonymity inherent with bitcoin. This idea too gets a big thumbs up from me. Maybe add to your site a simple overview to bitcoin focusing on what it does for the player and less about technical workings, with a link to a trusted bitcoin wallet provider.

What do you guys think?

I think it's to early to tell if this site is going to make it. There are not a lot of players yet. Time will tell....if they have time to see.

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    u dont think limiting players by invite only is a bad idea!! u wont get enough traffic!!! it wont last long like that!!

I'm fine with the bitcoin enterprise, although as you say, it is very very risky until they find a way to regulate the fluidity of that market. I really can't see that going to an invitation only format will lead to survivability for the site, and I suspect that most "invited" players will believe that as well, which means they will not want to invest money in the site, further limiting clientele.

Limiting the players to invitation only will only work if the site becomes highly desired for quality of gameplay because of it being invitation only, agreed it's a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuitofPlay View Post
    Limiting the players to invitation only will only work if the site becomes highly desired for quality of gameplay because of it being invitation only, agreed it's a gamble.
    With that another thought, limiting size of the players could bring less attention to them from government agencies.

PokerOwned God
    you need an exclusive client poker base who will constantly visit the site and generate revenue if a site with a limit amount of players is the focus. i think that plan could work but also could be a recipe for failure..almost like po, we have our regs here who keeps this site rolling sort of speak

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuitofPlay View Post
    This is an email I wrote to the General Manager/Pitboss of RebelPoker in reply to a couple ideas he asked my opinion about. Namely they are thinking of closing public registrations and making rebelpoker.com invitation only, and they have already started with implementing bitcoin exchanges.

Mr. Gibson,

I think both the ideas for bitcoin exchange and invitation only players are exciting, bold ideas.

Firstly player invitations. You exist to make a profit, and more players equals more rake and tournament fees. This is why the player invitation idea isn't shared by almost every other poker provider I've ever seen. Having said that, a very big complaint I hear about many sites are the "donks" we are forced to play with. People who make intentionally bad plays and disrupt the flow of the game. Player selection to those who are serious about the game would greatly decrease this. Also invitation only has the power to give a feeling of exclusivity and create demand. It would be a choice towards quality gaming over bottom line. With that said, I think it would be very important to market that it's invitation only and put an emphasis on the prestige and exclusivity of being invited should you choose to do so. Implementing this would get a big thumbs up from me.

Secondly the bitcoin. This also is an idea that isn't shared by any other poker provider I've seen. I think this is because bitcoin currency is still widely a mystery to many. Also the bitcoin market is extremely volatile, but I believe now that it is established as an accepted currency and gained popularity in addition to being traded by financial firms, the worst is behind us in this department. Now to the benefits. Bitcoin is not considered a fiat currency, laws governing the free exchange and transaction of digital currency is in it's infancy at best. This could be a fantastic way to ensure player deposits and withdrawals, potentially even permanently given the anonymity inherent with bitcoin. This idea too gets a big thumbs up from me. Maybe add to your site a simple overview to bitcoin focusing on what it does for the player and less about technical workings, with a link to a trusted bitcoin wallet provider.

What do you guys think?
    I like the idea of not having to deal with bad play from drunks or gamblers.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Say goodbye to rebel poker LMFAO If wanting just hi rollers is good for business then all sites would have done this long ago, BAD IDEA!!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abwil2 View Post
    Say goodbye to rebel poker LMFAO If wanting just hi rollers is good for business then all sites would have done this long ago, BAD IDEA!!
    Not everything is for $$$ the CDN gov. is polluting the water near a town called Spanish---every1 suffers!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish,_Ontario

And these guys can't be bribed!!!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast