Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70884.01

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member

Lockops cancelled

Find this pretty funny... According to twitter lock poker has been forced to cancel LOCKOPS..

We are sad to announce that Merge has officially cancelled LOCKOPS and revoked previous approval given to Lock to run the series.

Kinda funny merge gave them approval then revoked it?? Seems like something fishy was going on. Didnt really understand how "lock" was going to be able to cover all the guarantees since it was restricted just to lock. Anyways so much for that.

Zab
    Ouch.. That sucks
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Yea, didnt think it was possible. Thats why it was a little confusing on just being on lock. Maybe unfair competition amongst merge skins. But sux for sure.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Ouch.. That sucks
    Just curious Zab at why do you think merge would approve it then revoke it? Merge has yet to release a statement just curios to what you think? Do you think merge was worried that lock wouldnt have the player pool to cover the guarantees or merge wanting to restrict it since there planning another Poker Maximus?

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpettit2 View Post
    Just curious Zab at why do you think merge would approve it then revoke it? Merge has yet to release a statement just curios to what you think? Do you think merge was worried that lock wouldnt have the player pool to cover the guarantees or merge wanting to restrict it since there planning another Poker Maximus?

I think it conflicts with their main attraction Poker Maximus which is done across all sites. They probably didn't want them to have their own version.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

Zab
    imjustshane
    Lock Poker Representative

As someone else covered here we had permission, the entire thing was run by Merge they were even helping us with setting up the satellite structure and the actual tournament structure.

I personally was getting help from Merge with the tournaments right before I went to bed last night, then by the time I woke up they had forcibly cancelled it.

We are shocked and confused by it but have no choice but to abide by their decision.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    I think it conflicts with their main attraction Poker Maximus which is done across all sites. They probably didn't want them to have their own version.
    I somewhat agree Zab.. But why would Merge approve it then revoke it? When all this information came out after Maximus was over. Merge shouldnt care if Lock is putting up the guarantees and Im guessing they had to show Merge how they planned on covering them before getting the approval in the first place.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    The whole point for Lock doing this promotion was to allow players that are playing the SCOOP on Stars to be able to run a series during the same times on Lock. I would think Merge would love this idea since it would attract international players/grinders to play both the scoop and lockops. Why would Merge care.. there going to be getting action for a straight 20+ days on one skin alone.

PokerOwned God
    Hi all! just wanted to tell you that I was able to sign up on Hero Poker from the US. Was looking at lovk poker - but it stated here the free rolls were better. GLad I picked Hero.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Latest update from 2+2...

The details are very vague, we have previous communications from Merge saying that the promotion broke no network rules. This all changed today when we got a call to say that we had to cancel the promotion immediately. We were not told that it breached any network rules or that there was something wrong in what we had setup, we were just told we couldn't run it.

The LOCKOPS satellites used the same entry coupon system as our standard satellite structure so anyone who won coupons can still use them in some great value tournaments. If anyone has a particular coupon and they want to know what tournaments they can use that for just reach out to me and I will let you know.

Just very unusual and not a good sign for merge at all .. Since they approved it then revoked it after they said it didn't break any network policies. Seems like merge/lock might have been worried about covering the stiff guarantees. Just an absolute blow to the Merge Network. Canceling something like this after approving speaks for itself and just puts once again another black cloud over merge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast