Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66130.36

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knight-Captain

Disconnect protection.

Does anybody else think that FTP has way too much disconnection protection? If somebody gets disconnected on FTP, u can wait for like a minute or so for that person to re-connect or run out of time. If somebody has a really bad internet connection, it can happen over and over again. I can understand it in high-stakes games, especially since most ppl playing high-stakes probably make sure they have a good connection, cuz they don't want to take a chance of losing thousands of dollars if they lose connection in the middle of a hand, so the disconnection protection probably hardly ever gets used, but when it does, ppl risking that much money deserve some protection. Why do they have it for freerolls and small-stakes games, tho. If u have a decent internet connection, then u probably won't get disconnected very often and, if you're playing freerolls and/or small stakes, then u won't lose very much when u do. If u don't have a decent connection, then it's your own fault if u keep missing hands, and everyone else shouldn't have to wait all the time for them to re-establish a connection. They should at least reduce the amount of disconnection protection for freerolls and small stakes games.

PokerOwned Master
    i thnk they way they handle it is fine, just if the same account has the same issues ,well then there is a problem and that account should lose its privliiges

PokerOwned Pro
    i dont know what this is lol i am just posting for my points sorry

PokerOwned Pro
    I hate getting disconnected. It always happens when I get the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by trent32la View Post
    I hate getting disconnected. It always happens when I get the nuts.
    I hate that shit. I usually end up running to the back of the house with my laptop to try to get closer to my WIFI and half the time that don't work either. I also think that for high stakes players that would have won the hand that there should be some type of small reimbursement even if its just with points and it doesn't need to be huge or the whole thing just something.

PokerOwned Master
    the protection disconnect is very hard for stop,,becouse an never when do go to check

PokerOwned Pro
    You can do what i do. Look atthe network status every 30 min or so.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    im glad its there i have a few times got disconnected and its saved me

cash games only

It happens with me ,,,but thank goodness I play micro,,,can't even think how pissed off I would be if I was a high roller.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Knight-Captain
    Wow, thanks for all of the good responses. I agree w/ a lot of the things ppl said.
    @gpacheco88: Yeah, I don't mind it when it only happens one time, but when it's over and over, it drives me crazy!
    @sneakyplayer: u can actually have points taken away by posting things too small or things that have nuthin to do w/ the subject. If u are gonna continue to waste our time w/ bs, then I at least recommend that u don't admit to doing that, and it would probably be best to use Google translate so u can post some meaningful stuff.
    @trent321: That's happened to me a few times. Funny thing is, a lot of the times that it did that, I only got disconnected on the site that I had the nuts, while all of the other sites I was on were still connected and working fine. Makes u wonder, doesn't it?
    @deadlysilent: LOL! I've done that so many times, sometimes until I was standing right next to the wi-fi transmitter, and, like u said, that still doesn't work. Yeah, at least for the high-stakes players, they should go back to how they used to do it for everybody, and just let them play for what was already in the pot before the person got disconnected. They changed that cuz too many ppl were purposely disconnectin themselves to avoid having to call a big bet, but still having a chance to win the hand.
    @AAChipMagnet: OMG, YES, I used to have that problem w/ Bodog also. Then, when you'd call to complain, they'd say it must be a problem w/ MY internet, even tho every other site I was on was working just fine. That's one of the reasons why I quit playing there. I've also had that problem w/ UB, Carbon, and now Rox poker. And one time on Bodog, due to lag on their part, I entered a tournament cuz it said that there were only about 30 ppl entered in it, cuz I didn't have very much time to play a really long tourney. As soon as it started, tho, I saw that there were actually HUNDREDS of ppl playing. When I called Bodog to complain, they told me it had to be my computer lagging. I told her that wasn't possible, cuz each time I checked to see how many ppl were in it, I then xed out of it, and reclicked on it again the next time I checked just to be sure it was refreshed each time I checked. After arguing w/ her and then her supervisor, they finally refunded my $16. Ever heard about the incredibly bad luck ppl experience after withdrawing money. Well, get money refunded to u and see what happens. They definitely made me regret ever complaining, which I think was the point of the bad luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast