Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64455.98

Zab

Poker Pro Harry Demetriou Storms out of Full Tilt Poker Hearing

A hearing scheduled for Tuesday to determine the fate of Full Tilt Poker turned into a bit of a fiasco with poker pro Harry Demetriou expressing outrage and storming out.

The British poker pro took issue with the Alderney Gambling Control Commission offering to hold the remainder of the hearing in private to review Full Tilt Poker’s application to have the hearing postponed to a later date.

“What about the interest of the players?” he asked the Commission. Demetriou called Full Tilt Poker “corrupt”.

The room then erupted with applause.

The AGCC yanked Full Tilt Poker’s license on June 29 after the company failed to pay back US players since April 15. The United States Justice Department indicted FTP owners for bank fraud and money laundering.

The AGCC was to determine whether or not they would reinstate the Full Tilt Poker license.

FTP attorneys claimed that a public hearing would potentially impede progress in ongoing discussions with potential investors.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Elite PokerOwned Member maxima191's Avatar
    To each his own.
    "Take My Bankroll-Plz!"

Thats what he gets, and yeah full tilt should have automatically paid all U.S. player after they got shut down.

Banned
    man that is pretty surprising but yeah ftp should have paid the usa players quicker, interesting to see what happens next

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Why is the US the only country to go to trial about poker

PokerOwned Moderator
    Because we are nuts

Because the U.S. is the only country who feels that despite a million other absurdly important things, they should go after poker. We just got our credit rating lowered, our stock market took another nose dive, unemployment is still very high, we can't balance our budget, thousands of Americans are un-insured, going hungry, and dying, but that isn't important. Let us go after Full Tilt because it will grab a few headlines.

I love my country but after last week and the S&P dropping our credit rating, it is now frighteningly clear that our entire system is flawed. I have little to no faith that our government will turn this ship around.

But hey, thank God they decided to get that bug up their ass about poker. That has really given our economy the boost it needed.

I just want my $ money,,however that happens is fine with me,,,,,I just wonder how much FT owes to the world, not just USA....
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by gefishy View Post
    Because the U.S. is the only country who feels that despite a million other absurdly important things, they should go after poker. We just got our credit rating lowered, our stock market took another nose dive, unemployment is still very high, we can't balance our budget, thousands of Americans are un-insured, going hungry, and dying, but that isn't important. Let us go after Full Tilt because it will grab a few headlines.

I love my country but after last week and the S&P dropping our credit rating, it is now frighteningly clear that our entire system is flawed. I have little to no faith that our government will turn this ship around.

But hey, thank God they decided to get that bug up their ass about poker. That has really given our economy the boost it needed.
    and to that , i give it an AMEN.

Private
    a really good point made there, and it makes me want to move out of the country really badly