Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63763.96

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant.

PokerOwned Veteran

Rant.

while looking at different poker sites trying to find a good game to play a friend of mine mentioned carbon. I was like ok lets see how it goes, so I made a deposit of a mer $10 and started playing $1 sit and go's it was going well went from $10 to $15 and so on than lost allof it because i was merged a carbon cliche puns. So during all of this i discovered pokerowned free rolls, their were several of them to be offered. Free money? why not lets register. "You do not have the required coupon to register for this tournament". Blasphemy ! so i goggled pokerowned to find out how to get the coupon to enter in this amazing gift of a tournament(s). Found the website and started looking around I made an account so i can have access to the forums to post etc. and learned you require, 'points' to enter into these tournaments. How difficult can it be to accrue points on a website, since day in and day out I'm on a computer typing away exploring new things, that's what led me to pokerowned.com. So as to discovering pokerowned I come across ways to gain points, TrialPay, Mantomy etc. So i decided to begin the quest of getting some points. My first Survey. Wow 230 points for a 10 minute survey? hell yea, lets begin.....4 minutes in.......8 minutes.........16 minutes in.....30 minutes in....finished phew. [Points are awarded on a 15 minute delay] Proceeded to e-mail to confirm my email. Step 1 down email complete. Step 2 down 10 minute survey complete. All I have to do is wait 15 minutes. While I'm waiting why not try to do another one? Why not productive. Well during a period of two hours I completed maybe 8 surveys. No points....I wondered,did i do something wrong? I don't think so. So I did some other offers [Confirm Emailto op-in] Etc. Did several of those. and wow. [Points changed +220] FINALLY ! I can play in a tournament. But that would be the end of my trying to get points Journey. upon discovering of my computer being a little bit sluggish than before. I brushed it off, "It's my ISP their being morons". So it went by for a couple of days, finally it sped up. I decided to do another expedition into Pokerowned.com. I decided to find any and all causes of why my computer was being sluggish. Now me knowing computers in and out, knowing any threat that might harm me or my information stored on my computer. I investigated each link that I went to via my history Went to maybe 30+ websites and 60+ popups, did a scan of my whole computer and a spyware/malware search. and it comes up positive. 13 Malware detections, 22 spyware detections, and 2 Trojans and one Root Trojan. I was like WOW? who in their right mind would do this, who would knowingly go onto a website and do this to their computer? where they pay bills, shop online, log into secure accounts when knowing that it takes one click on this website to have a Keylogger or a root trojan be placed on their computer and all their information going viral? I don't understand it. But I had an epiphany. The owner of the website gets paid for the amount of clicks on each offer not how many offers are completed, he may get a bonus for an offer being completed but it matters about clicks. So why fix something that isnt broke I say? But it is broke. I notice that in each Pokerowned.com Tournament the same people are in it 60 people. 60 of the same people. People who were smart enough to buy their points instead of doing these offers. Great way to expand a website is to have the same people day in and day out in your tournament. But that is my opinion and my rant. I know the "loyal" players will comment on these and not agree they will disagree. Make a mockery of these but they know its true.

Good Luck

I been on here since August and yeah I've had my fair share of things not converting, but Ive also had tons of offers/surveys successfully convert points without any adverse effects on my PC. Its not running slow, nor are there any infections. My software runs once a week with advanced heuristics. It even catches things before they can even think about trying to d/l on my PC. So I would attribute any problems you are having to operator error. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure... ya know that phrase..
    Last edited by MichMan; 02-11-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

Zab
    The owner of the website gets paid for the amount of clicks on each offer not how many offers are completed, he may get a bonus for an offer being completed but it matters about clicks. So why fix something that isnt broke I say? But it is broke.
    You would be mistaken. I wish everything converted and I do not get paid for clicks. I only get paid when you get points.

I do EVERYTHING I can to steer you in the direction for what is working, let's recap:

Task Ticker (The monkey see, monkey do effect)
    Whats Working (I give you a little bonus to help OTHERS, showing them what worked for you)
    The Mentoring program (Having problems earning points, let people who know how it works help you)
    Whats Hot (We try to show HOT surveys that might not last long)
    Tons of Videos (Ya these should convert all the time)

So if you have any suggestions i am all ears
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Current B2B Champ
    To each his own. I hate surveys only did 2 ever did not get paid. bang your head on a rock or find a different way. This is a great site where alot people make good money. You seem like a smart guy, figure out your own way to get paid. You don't even have to play poker to make money on this site but it will take some effort. gl

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceatl View Post
    You seem like a smart guy, figure out your own way to get paid. You don't even have to play poker to make money on this site but it will take some effort. gl
    What if Cian were to put together a team to Collude in our tournaments? That would be a good idea?
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

Current B2B Champ
    I don't play carbon because it's allready rampant with collusion and they don't care. And I have seen first hand people do that in poker owned trny to win huge llbs. Another reason I don't play llbs anymore. I was not suggesting cheating, only giving a legitimate effort.

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceatl View Post
    I don't play carbon because it's allready rampant with collusion and they don't care. And I have seen first hand people do that in poker owned trny to win huge llbs. Another reason I don't play llbs anymore. I was not suggesting cheating, only giving a legitimate effort.
    That wasn't a jab at you

Current B2B Champ

PokerOwned Veteran
    just a rant gentlemen, Just a rant. No need to be rude nor disrespectful to your members zab.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MichMan View Post
    I been on here since August and yeah I've had my fair share of things not converting, but Ive also had tons of offers/surveys successfully convert points without any adverse effects on my PC. Its not running slow, nor are there any infections. My software runs once a week with advanced heuristics. It even catches things before they can even think about trying to d/l on my PC. So I would attribute any problems you are having to operator error. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure... ya know that phrase..

Yes maybe you are one of the few that have a top of the line defense software on your computer and can block any incoming attack but please don't make it sound like there are no viruses to contract going to all these survey's.

With that said I also believe it's common sense (if that exists anymore) that going to 100 promo sites you are jeopardizing your computer. It's a risk/reward, figure out what works best for you there are plenty of ways to earn points.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast