Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64504.72

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snklzona View Post
    How do you figure there would be no profit from an entirely new/different stake...the new stakes obligation to pay past debt would not supercede the contactrual obligation of the first agreement...it would merely provide the means to do so...IMO...I'm just saying
    When make up is involved it is acted as one whole stake....

Total profit would be 0. which means he gets all $ back and i get nothing

Survey Master
    there are mixed opinions on this. im gonna do some research and see whom is exactly right on this case. either way funds have been shipped. im putting unkclan at a 0 balance and currently am done with this horse. if upon further research i find i am wrong in this matter i will apologize to unkclan.

otherwise ty all for your opinions and gl on the felt

Survey Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snklzona View Post
    How do you figure there would be no profit from an entirely new/different stake...the new stakes obligation to pay past debt would not supercede the contactrual obligation of the first agreement...it would merely provide the means to do so...IMO...I'm just saying
    i agree 100%

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkclan View Post
    just another point for everyone.

say i turned that 13 into 75

62 profit x.4= 24.80

so according to you guys that 24.8 would go towards make up.

so i'd still have $.20 of make up

Meanwhile Tommy would have (62-25) 37 total profit.

Interesting.....
    This should help explain it for all of you

OK if a backer is staking for M/U then all profit goes toward M/U. If stakes are for different sites and staker wants them separate, then they must be treated as such.

The whole reason for staking a horse in M/U is so the staker will get his M/U back at full value. Otherwise it can be 'bought' out at a % of the value, normally 50%

This is general rules to staking, and is standard practice.

K guys. Hope this helps.

just another point for everyone.

say i turned that 13 into 75

62 profit x.4= 24.80

so according to you guys that 24.8 would go towards make up.

so i'd still have $.20 of make up

Meanwhile Tommy would have (62-25) 37 total profit.

Interesting.....
    Thats exactly right. He's taking all the risk he should be rewarded. Now there is a huge difference between a stake and a loan though tommy. Always make it clear that the original stake/loan must be repayed before initiating another stake. If those terms arent agreed upon dont give the stake. Next time u wanna stake a mtt on swc PD BCP or ACR let me know. I will be very certain we have a clear agreement before I play with your money.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eichroll View Post
    Thats exactly right. He's taking all the risk he should be rewarded. Now there is a huge difference between a stake and a loan though tommy. Always make it clear that the original stake/loan must be repayed before initiating another stake. If those terms arent agreed upon dont give the stake. Next time u wanna stake a mtt on swc PD BCP or ACR let me know. I will be very certain we have a clear agreement before I play with your money.
    why would i be in the hole 20 cents while he is up $37 if the whole idea of staking is to split profits 60/40

$25 make up is like -$25 profit so according to your logic we would split that -25 so i only have -10.

yall clueless

why would i be in the hole 20 cents while he is up $37 if the whole idea of staking is to split profits 60/40

$25 make up is like -$25 profit so according to your logic we would split that -25 so i only have -10.

yall clueless
    Thats y i said difference between stake and loan. A loan must be repaid no matter what unk and tommy. a stake is a risk free adventure for the player. If the player doesnt winhe doesnt owe a thing. However in a loan he owes principle plus interest. just fyi

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eichroll View Post
    Thats y i said difference between stake and loan. A loan must be repaid no matter what unk and tommy. a stake is a risk free adventure for the player. If the player doesnt winhe doesnt owe a thing. However in a loan he owes principle plus interest. just fyi
    that's why make up was brought into play. if you continue to be staked you have to repay what you owed.

basically keep a running tally of profit.

-25 profit now down to -21.43. etc

Survey Master
    if i stake a guy 2 10$ tourneys. he loses. he owes 20$ now according to makeup. now i stake him in 1 more tourney a week later for 10$ he is putting up 0$ in this venture. now he owes 30$ on that i agree, but he cashes in this 3rd tourney for 50$ lets say. and its 60/40 agreement. he owes 20$ on a previous stake. 50$-10$ leaves 40$ i should get 60% =24$ and the 16$ left his % should go towards makeup owed.

why should all his future stakes count as 1 stake? or 1 continuous run? if thats the case why stake him again at all? im really not making a profit just using all the profits towards makeup. makes no sense for me to keep risking money on a guy. he plays with 0 risk and digs himself out of a hole while all i do is break even. nah im good on that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast