Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66414.03

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corporal

KK vs AA preflop

So, twice today I have been dealt KK when my opponent has AA. Twice I have lost the 25$ buy in to one of the 6 10/25c NLHE on full tilt that I play when I am grinding. Other than these two hands I am doing well and I am only down 10$ despite losing 50 on these two.

So the way I have always played KK preflop is simple: If they check, bet. If they bet, raise. If they raise, go all in.

I just can't imagine not wanting to shove KK preflop even if your opponent shows strength. Especially at the lower stakes like I am playing where donkeys often shove with AJ offsuit.

Should I play KK more conservatively, or did I just have a bit of bad luck. Do you guys always shove KK preflop if possible?

I wouldn't go all in unless:
    A. I was short stacked
    B. Someone shoved into my KK.

With KK, its always good to see a flop to make sure there is no Ace. You really cant do anything about someone having aces preflop though. That is the best definition of a cooler.
    You check, I bet. You raise, I re-raise. You go all-in, I fold.
    "Ya prozach makes a good point" - Zab

Unless you sitting on the bubble you shoved KK otherwise you had to call it.
    I did this yesterday in $0.25 SNG and got busted against AA
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

Mathematically, the chances of someone have AA when you get KK are very very low. For some reason I see this alot though haha.
    You check, I bet. You raise, I re-raise. You go all-in, I fold.
    "Ya prozach makes a good point" - Zab

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    I wouldn't go all in unless:
    A. I was short stacked
    B. Someone shoved into my KK.

With KK, its always good to see a flop to make sure there is no Ace. You really cant do anything about someone having aces preflop though. That is the best definition of a cooler.
    lately i have been scoping out flops for the A when i have KK... it seems to save me some $

#NiggasInParis

PokerOwned God
    Mathematically, the chances of someone have AA when you get KK are very very low. For some reason I see this alot though haha.
    rigged

#NiggasInParis

Yeah it's very low I only had it once in all these $0.25 SNG I play it so I can understand.
    Kind of sucks thought but I already used of this kind of bad beats
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Just looking at this quickly, once you have the KK, the odds of one person having AA is 1/220, so to figure odds for a 10-player table, you have to figure odds of each player not having it and mult. by itself 9 times, therefore giving you odds of other players not having it, then subtract from 1. So odds of 9 others not having AA is (119/220)^9 which is .96 or 96%. So odds of someone having AA would be .04 or 4% at a 10- player table.

PokerOwned Master
    i know what you mean - I lost twice this week with KK against AA - one time I was SB and AA was BB - of course I raised, he reraised, I called, no A in the flop - he went all in, I called - busted

If I have the aces and someone has kings they hit a king or a four card table st8 or flush..if I have the kings,,,someone has the aces,,,seems to always work out that way for me
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast