Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,323

BTC Rate: $9871.15

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    33

    KK vs AA preflop

    So, twice today I have been dealt KK when my opponent has AA. Twice I have lost the 25$ buy in to one of the 6 10/25c NLHE on full tilt that I play when I am grinding. Other than these two hands I am doing well and I am only down 10$ despite losing 50 on these two.

    So the way I have always played KK preflop is simple: If they check, bet. If they bet, raise. If they raise, go all in.

    I just can't imagine not wanting to shove KK preflop even if your opponent shows strength. Especially at the lower stakes like I am playing where donkeys often shove with AJ offsuit.

    Should I play KK more conservatively, or did I just have a bit of bad luck. Do you guys always shove KK preflop if possible?

  2. #2
    PokerOwned Master Prozach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    343
    I wouldn't go all in unless:
    A. I was short stacked
    B. Someone shoved into my KK.

    With KK, its always good to see a flop to make sure there is no Ace. You really cant do anything about someone having aces preflop though. That is the best definition of a cooler.
    You check, I bet. You raise, I re-raise. You go all-in, I fold.
    "Ya prozach makes a good point" - Zab

  3. #3
    -(^_^)- ProBlackbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,938
    Unless you sitting on the bubble you shoved KK otherwise you had to call it.
    I did this yesterday in $0.25 SNG and got busted against AA
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

  4. #4
    PokerOwned Master Prozach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    343
    Mathematically, the chances of someone have AA when you get KK are very very low. For some reason I see this alot though haha.
    You check, I bet. You raise, I re-raise. You go all-in, I fold.
    "Ya prozach makes a good point" - Zab

  5. #5
    PokerOwned God
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    I wouldn't go all in unless:
    A. I was short stacked
    B. Someone shoved into my KK.

    With KK, its always good to see a flop to make sure there is no Ace. You really cant do anything about someone having aces preflop though. That is the best definition of a cooler.
    lately i have been scoping out flops for the A when i have KK... it seems to save me some $

    #NiggasInParis

  6. #6
    PokerOwned God
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Mathematically, the chances of someone have AA when you get KK are very very low. For some reason I see this alot though haha.
    rigged

    #NiggasInParis

  7. #7
    -(^_^)- ProBlackbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,938
    Yeah it's very low I only had it once in all these $0.25 SNG I play it so I can understand.
    Kind of sucks thought but I already used of this kind of bad beats
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

  8. #8
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Mathematically, the chances of someone have AA when you get KK are very very low. For some reason I see this alot though haha.
    Just looking at this quickly, once you have the KK, the odds of one person having AA is 1/220, so to figure odds for a 10-player table, you have to figure odds of each player not having it and mult. by itself 9 times, therefore giving you odds of other players not having it, then subtract from 1. So odds of 9 others not having AA is (119/220)^9 which is .96 or 96%. So odds of someone having AA would be .04 or 4% at a 10- player table.

  9. #9
    PokerOwned Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    321
    i know what you mean - I lost twice this week with KK against AA - one time I was SB and AA was BB - of course I raised, he reraised, I called, no A in the flop - he went all in, I called - busted

  10. #10
    PokerOwned God wagon596's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,700
    If I have the aces and someone has kings they hit a king or a four card table st8 or flush..if I have the kings,,,someone has the aces,,,seems to always work out that way for me
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •