Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64492.32

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PokerOwned Veteran
    you lend him money? why ever lend someone in the internet money o,O

Elite PokerOwned Member JLynn171's Avatar
    Does zab actually having a staking section up? I remember a site along time ago a friend of mine use to use and pretty much all the math what what was paid/paid back was done for ya and given points to player for winning stakes and the staker for staking the players.

thought zab was just gunna lock this thread O.o strange
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

TON is Gone.
    The math you are BOTH using is off. If Jay was NOT to play the $9.00 game, then that $9 must be included in the total for the stakeback. To wit:

Starting Bankroll: 16.00

Endng Bankroll: 54.40

Add unauthorised entry: +9.00

Actual end BR: 63.40

Subtract Original BR: -16.00

Profit = 47.40 (a nice profit I might add)

47.40 x.6 (stake holders percentage) = 28.44

Add 16.00 (original BR) = 44.44

Less payment from Jay = -36.40

Balance owing = 8.04

That's the correct math based on the information provided.

As to Jay's "$45.00" deffence, this is mute. By ANY STANDARD and all accepted staking principles, as long as you are playing with a bankroll funded by a STAKEHOLDER(s), any and ALL money in that bankroll belongs to the stakeholder untill such time as the stake agreement has been fully satisfied (read: paid in full). It DOES NOT matter that the stakeholder was not available to discuss, the terms of the stake are fully applicable.

Had Jay calculated Tommy's cut of the stake (including stake-back), AND sent him his money PRIOR to entering any further tourny's we would have nothing to discuss. This was not what happened however, and Jay is, in my opinion, in the wrong here (again, based soley on the information provided.). Of course, this does not stop JAY from playing with his own money OUTSIDE of the stake's bankroll balance.

Finaly, while I understand Tommy's feelings on the matter, I think he is overreacting. First and foremost expecting ZAB to ban Tommy for what is essentialy an off-site deal that has nothing to do with Pokerowned other then that they met here is just plain absurd.

Tommy needs to understand that there ARE RISKS to doing business with relative strangers. This is the OTHER reason why you start people at small stakes, not just to guage their play ability but also to measure their reliability. As the STAKEHOLDER you accept certain risks, and should react accordingly. Calling a person out publicly in this fashion does not count as "acting accordingly". The simple (and far less stressful) way to deal with such a situation is to take your money back, and invest it elsewhere. Trial and error Tommy, thats what staking is in the early stages. Trust me, you will get burned A LOT more severly then this in the furture. In the long run, if done right, and with a level head, you can make more then a few good bucks.

I did

Good Luck guys.
    Last edited by TONelson; 03-09-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    TON is GONE. Blame the Mods. They stopped caring, or at least that's how it looks and feels.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    To all PO members and Tommy I apologize for not giving you the extra 2$ I had owed you on lock, I thought about it a lot last nite, ive never once had a bad transaction nor a bad payment that ive dealt with!! I apologize, I honestly admit I wasnt counting the 16$ to begin with I was just counting what was made and it seemed a lil messed up, but then again Ive never been on a forum or never even tried to be stake or been staked, therefore my apologizes!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123