Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,379

BTC Rate: $8754.33

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Experienced Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    27

    what are the odds of flopping a flush if you have suited cards?

    what are the odds of flopping a flush if you have suited cards?

  2. #2
    PokerOwned Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfPoker View Post
    what are the odds of flopping a flush if you have suited cards?
    the odds are 118 to 1.

  3. #3
    Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    This is a simple question.

    If you're into playing here for a while I'll tell you, but if not, then you should stick with 'playing the player.'

    Add the percentages together.

    14 /52 = 26%

    2/50 = 4%

    12/50 = 24%

    9/47 = 19%

    17% of the time if you're the only person playing.
    Last edited by eqgh5uea; 04-22-2012 at 12:27 AM.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

  4. #4
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68
    las probabilidades son de 118 a 1 in texas holden...

  5. #5
    Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    ^^^ what he said
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

  6. #6
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by eqgh5uea View Post
    This is a simple question.

    If you're into playing here for a while I'll tell you, but if not, then you should stick with 'playing the player.'

    Add the percentages together.

    14 /52 = 26%

    2/50 = 4%

    12/50 = 24%

    9/47 = 19%

    17% of the time if you're the only person playing.
    What?? lol

    The math is simple, to get the answers that were given, you just have to figure odds of getting that suited card you need for all three cards on flop. To get the first one odds are : the 11 suited cards left over 50 total cards left or 11/50, for the 2nd flopped card odds are 10 needed suited cards left over 49 or 10/49 and for the third, same pattern, 9/48. So odds of all 3 happening is 11/50 X 10/49 X 9/48 = 990/117600 which comes to 1/118.78, which is how they come up with 1 in 118 actually closer to 1 in 119.

  7. #7
    Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Quote Originally Posted by madjek View Post
    What?? lol

    The math is simple, to get the answers that were given, you just have to figure odds of getting that suited card you need for all three cards on flop. To get the first one odds are : the 11 suited cards left over 50 total cards left or 11/50, for the 2nd flopped card odds are 10 needed suited cards left over 49 or 10/49 and for the third, same pattern, 9/48. So odds of all 3 happening is 11/50 X 10/49 X 9/48 = 990/117600 which comes to 1/118.78, which is how they come up with 1 in 118 actually closer to 1 in 119.


    How about these numbers!?!?!

    0.008/0.01 = 1/118 while 0.1825 = the same besides multiplying.
    Last edited by eqgh5uea; 04-22-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

  8. #8
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,222
    i dont know this one

  9. #9
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by eqgh5uea View Post


    How about these numbers!?!?!

    0.008/0.01 = 1/118 while 0.1825 = the same besides multiplying.
    Again .... WHAT!!????

    First, where did .008 and .01 come from

    and

    Second, .008/.01 = .8

    but, don't really know the pt of this thread, what does it matter

  10. #10
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,379
    And chances getting dealth pocket Aces is 1 in 221 but it seems way more than that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •